iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebac kiln

Started by nas, November 04, 2010, 08:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

I have a chance to buy an Ebac TR3000 kiln.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with the company and this model.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

red oaks lumber

unless its almost free ,save your money. i know a couple of shops that had them  had nothing but trouble. i would give you names but, both shops have since gone out of buisness.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ironwood

I have one and it has performed flawlessly, except for one relay. I think I am the exception. I one buddy up north w/ three, he says if you keep the temp below 50 C they last ALOT longer. Generally speaking, Nyle's seem better recieved in the marketplace. Ditto, Red Oaks.

I should add: I am talking about LD3000's, wonder what the difference is ????

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

oakiemac

I bought an EBAC Ld300 brand new and I absolutely hate it. Here is a quick list of repairs that I have had to make. 3 (yes 3) compressors, completely rebuilt the copper coil, new contactor for the compessor, 5-6 times the refridgerent has leaked out and had to be replaced and leak fixed, and the latest thing is one of the small fans in the unit is bad.
On top of all this their customer service is lousy. EBAC's are junk-buy a Nyle. I also own 2 Nyles and they run 24/7/365 and until just recently I have never had a problem with either one. My L200 developed a small leak on the tubing going to the evaporator, which I had fixed but that is the only problem I have had and I bought it used. The EBAC I only use as a back up.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

nas

Thanks guys.  I think I will reconsider this and look for a nyle or something else.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Thank You Sponsors!