Rust Reaper® Cleaner/Degreaser Concentrate

Started by Reddog, December 16, 2009, 01:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog

I was needing a refill of RustReaper last summer and seen a combo pack that included Northco water based cleaner.
I decided based on the success I was having with RR it was worth a try.
For me it is working better than simple green or any of the other concentrated water based cleaners. It really seems to work as well or better than the petroleum based cleaners also, with out the disposal problems they have.
A few of the things I have found it works very well for are:
Cleaning pitch and sap off pruners and hand saws after trimming operations.
Putting two onces in with my woods cloths and shop laundry along with the standard laundry detergent really seems to get the crud and oil out.
And using it as a degrease soak on equipment before power washing.

All but the laundry, I mix it at a 1 part cleaner to 10 parts cold water ratio.

I have a few other applications that will be a test for it also, just haven't got too those.

Another good product Mike! 8)

Mike_P.

Reddog:

Thanks for the purchase and for the kind words about our cleaner.  It's interesting that you use it in the laundry.  We've done that also for applications involving a lot of grease.

Mike

beenthere

Mike
Remind me please, of the way/method/place to put an order in for more RR and for the cleaner.
I know the RR works great, and am interested in the concentrated cleaner.

thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Reddog

Here is the combo pack I bought.
http://www.rustreaper.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F7490438&rnd=271343&rrc=N&affl=&cip=99.70.115.239&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=1_gal_lube_cleaner&cat=&catstr=

Here is for a gallon of cleaner only.
http://www.rustreaper.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F7490438&rnd=271343&rrc=N&affl=&cip=99.70.115.239&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=Cleaner+1+Gal&cat=&catstr=

I find just using the search function on the rust reaper site is the easiest way to find things. The menu doesn't show all of the products very easily, been meaning to talk to his web master about this. ;)

stonebroke

Yeah you would never find it unless you searched fo rit. I wonder what other neat stuff they offer.

Stonebroke

Jeff

QuoteThe menu doesn't show all of the products very easily, been meaning to talk to his web master about this

The webmaster has nothing to do with that... :)  Talk to Mike. He has total ability to adjust that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mike_P.

There is a cleaner/degreaser category on the front page.  You'll find the 1 gallon cleaner there.

Thanks for pointing out the error on my part.

Mike

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I had purchased some for door prizes some time ago. I think a couple jugs. I don't know who got the prize and never had a chance to use any. I'm not around a lot of grease or pitch that I'd need cleaning very often. I get pitch on the brush saw, but mostly on the tube and it don't need cleaning off. I did however use some RR on the trigger when it froze up this fall once. Worked slick for that.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))