iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor Wood Boiler Shed Photos

Started by antos_ketcham, October 05, 2008, 06:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antos_ketcham

I will be building a shed around my E-Classic - likely next spring. Anyone out there have some good photos of their woodsheds around their outdoor boilers? Would love to see them.

Thanks.

Pete

trapper

It is not a shed but i bought a metal carport to cover the door of my classic and store wood under the rest of it.  got a 12x20 and wish i had gone larger.  put a motion detector light in the middle of the roof to shine into the door of the furnace.If the trench for the water line is open yet dont forget to throw in an extra wire to run electricity for the shed.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

Ya gotta look at Chet's.

I'll look for found his pics.  Looks like a great set-up.

backside
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

Da front

Da end

I'd add a nudder pic of what da inside looks like right now, but ya wouldn't see much.  :D  It's all full of wood.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dana

Chet, Do you have any problems with smoke or fire fire coming out the door when you load the stove? I was going to do what you did, but a guy said he had smoke in the building so he couldn't see the wood pile. He ended up moving the stove outside.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

beenthere

Quote from: Dana on October 06, 2008, 06:35:52 AM
Chet, Do you have any problems with smoke or fire fire coming out the door when you load the stove? I was going to do what you did, but a guy said he had smoke in the building so he couldn't see the wood pile. He ended up moving the stove outside.

Not Chet here, but I think the "guy" needs to learn how to operate his wood stove just a bit better to avoid fire or more than a bit of smoke coming back out the door. Mine is inside my basement, and if I open the door too fast, some smoke can come back out. Do it right, and there is a draft that carries the smoke up the stack.  But, .... maybe there are brands of outdoor wood stoves that have that problem.   
::) ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

Short answer ta yer Question...........nope   :)

Yup, Beenthere nailed it.  ;D 
If da draft is shut down when I go ta load , I will crack da door a bit and let da fire take off. But if da draft is open and da fire is in "free burn" I'll just open er up.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Dana

Well that takes answers or that question. :) Thanks

thecfarm

Dana,are you talking about a stove or an outdoor furnace smoking?From what I can see driving around most OWB smoke when you open the door.Most work on a forced draft with a blower.They do not depend on a natural draft like a stove does.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

Mine's natual draft.  ;)  I used the same principle on da wood furnace I had in da house before I got da OWB. Dat one was fan draft.  :)

Dana

Thecfarm, his stove was an outdoor wood boiler no blower, just natural draft. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it except to notice it had grates and wasn't a Central Boiler. By the way, my C.B. can get a pretty good fire rekindled and it will start coming out of the door after a while. It dosent matter if I crack the door to get a draft started or not. This happens rarely, but when it does it would be a concern in a building I would think. 

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!