iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Sheds

Started by Magicman, February 28, 2012, 07:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

My 10 year old daughter and niece found a shed of a different kind last Saturday, it was the tail, along with a fresh blood trail.  They were walking out to a dam in our pasture and in the road going through the treeline there it laid.  Scary part about it is my aunt had just went through there with the "big" girls a few hours earlier and said they never saw anything, me thinks we might have a big cat roaming around, my 16 year old nephew went out to investigate and found a freshly dead deer with it's hind quarters all chewed up, he put his game camera over the deer.  Needless to say the girls won't be running around out there for awhile by themselves and we just started calving so ya, I'm packin'.

Magicman

Wow, I hope that it returns and he gets some pictures, but it is a bit leery knowing that it is out there.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bogue Chitto

Post pics sandhill.  We like to see what it is. ;D

sandhills

I hope he gets some, I'd like to see too.  The morning before when I went out to check cows I counted 14 deer that came out of the tree line as I was driving along it, then there were 2 young deer out in the field grubbing around, not real bright, I was able to drive within 20 or so yards of them and they couldn't figure out which way to go.  Might have been one of them, they weren't very big and I haven't seen them since.

BBK

Quote from: chain on March 04, 2012, 10:06:30 AM
Ha! When I find a antler shed I think about how many soybean plants and soybeans it took to make it. My attitude has changed 100% toward whitetails, but pressure now toward more deer control in Missouri is coming from urban areas, Ms. Housewife and lovely gardener thinks along my line now, very destructive animals...shoooo..t deer!
They do a lot of damage on the corn and soybeans here too. We have to stay after them year round to keep them from taking over the place. I also amazed how the "city folks"  attitudes change about bambi when they destroy a few thousand dollars of their fancy landscaping!
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Thank You Sponsors!