Sponsors:

Morel hunting

Started by DonT, April 28, 2014, 10:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Yes, some nice ones.
~Ron

SPIKER

Walked probably a mile in the woods today  :o(not mine but one at school that is probably one of the best looking mushroom woods I ever seen.)   NOT A ONE!   >:( >:( still too cold up here in northern Ohio for much, the May Apples are up and starting to open up but not my much.   Talked to some people all said maybe a few blacks or grays on south facing hills where it was protected....

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

coxy

my luck I would pick the wrong ones and  I would be pushing up daisy and mushrooms  :D :D :D :D

Bricklayer51

Took a walk on our hunting land yesterday found about 20 beefsteaks that we do not eat. Sure was sad to see all the dead ash trees. No morels yet.

DonT

So I looked around and found no morels,my summer student finds them cutting his grandfathers lawn,others I know are finding them in huge quantities.So today while doing some dead elm removals,I look down and find my first two morels.Unfortunately I found them after trompling all over them,but I was super excited to know I had found my first this year.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DonT

They look good Jeff.I think I misplaced my dinner reservation.

DonT

Just finished eating a pile of morels I found at work today.Have to admit they are very tasty.

Bibbyman

Son Chris in Minneapolis area has been looking but not reported any fines.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DonT

I  have found all of mine on jobsites,seemed like everywhere I went today I found some. As you said Bibbyman "they are where you find them"  I did enjoy some of the ones I found today,fried in butter,hardly a heart smart meal but tasted good.

Thank You Sponsors!