iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kijiji (Ka' Gee' Gee')

Started by Brad_bb, December 29, 2019, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

FYI, For those that don't know, Kijiji is Canada's equivalent to Craigslist.  Pronounced Ka Gee Gee.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Bruno of NH

I thought it was some kind of raw tuna 😁
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

florida

It's eBay's attempt to beat Craigslist. They started it as a direct competitor to Craigslist in the US but finally gave it up and bought 25% of Craigslist.  Didn't know they were still at it
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

SwampDonkey

Yeah we know. I just sold some winter tires on there 3 weeks ago. Was off my old 2006 RAV, sold the RAV years ago. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

47sawdust

As I am not far from Canada,I frequently troll Kijiji.To date I haven't bought anything.Since I am not
fluent in Quebec French dickering can be a challenge.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

shelby78

Kijiji is king for me in Canada. Craigslist has never really taken off. You could look for something on craigslist and get 5 items where Kijiji you get 200.

Craigslist also doesn't show a lot of smaller areas/towns and Kijiji does. I sell all my slabs on Kijiji.

SwampDonkey

Kijiji works great, I always have lots of inquiries when I sell. I bet nothing took longer than 4 weeks to move.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_bb

When talking to rjwoelk, who's from Saskatchewan, he mentioned Kijiji in passing and I thought he was making some kind of joke.  He had to explain what that was to me (I live in Illinois).  I had never heard of it.   So I figure a lot of guys from the states have probably not heard of it either....and there are a lot of Canadians on FF.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

whatwas

I usually start my Saturday's and Sunday"s with a coffee and a kijiji search and have for years. It has changed tons over the years and now has lots of , lets call them "bad people". Moderators like we are used to on FF are needed , I will buy items off kijiji from local sellers but won't post "for sale" items. I just don't sell stuff anymore :D and keep adding on to the barn for storage space.
life is good

Stephen1

I use it all the time up here, I do most of my advertising for free, kiln space , selling wood or items. Market place on Facebook is starting to infringe .
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Quote from: whatwas on January 01, 2020, 10:28:31 AM
I usually start my Saturday's and Sunday"s with a coffee and a kijiji search and have for years. It has changed tons over the years and now has lots of , lets call them "bad people". Moderators like we are used to on FF are needed , I will buy items off kijiji from local sellers but won't post "for sale" items. I just don't sell stuff anymore :D and keep adding on to the barn for storage space.
I ignore the idiots. It's not hard when they ask stuff and the answer is in front of them. Delete message. :D

Thank You Sponsors!