iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Weather is good (80's) but the smoke is bad in the mornings:

Those hills on the far side are only about 2 or 3 miles away.  Normally I can see the Sierras that are 60-70 miles away.  The winds die down overnight and the smoke settles in the valley.  Supposed to get 30mph sustained and 45 gusts tomorrow.  The smoke will be out of here but the fire may get out of control again.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Was a nice fall day, 60's and sun, light breeze to dry off the leaves from the rain.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Woke up this morning to 32°, and a frosty lawn!

Winters coming!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

The last 3 day's have been in the 60s and now a BIG snow storm on the way  :(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Andries

Quote from: goose63 on October 09, 2019, 08:40:13 AM
The last 3 day's have been in the 60s and now a BIG snow storm on the way  :(
I bet you have you new tractor all ready to go, right?
That Colorado low is forecast to make it up here to Winnipeg too.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

We'll have none of that stuff. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 09, 2019, 12:48:58 PM
We'll have none of that stuff. :D :D
Nope, we won't either. Not none.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Nebraska

33 and wet, snow is supposed to stay north and west. Got the cookstove and heaters in the duck blind this morning. Opens this weekend should be good with this storm, to bad I'm on call  :-\.

Old Greenhorn

It would appear that you got that mule just in time! I bet you come up with a windshield idea pretty soon. :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Nebraska

Spitting snow flurries over noon up 38 degrees now, about a month too soon for this stuff.

SwampDonkey

65F here this afternoon with partial sun. Rain tomorrow, sun for Sunday Thanksgiving dinner. ;D ;)

goose63

Well it looks we got lucky we are on the edge of this storm maybe 6 inches of snow here in the S.E. corner of N.D. some allready have close to 2 feet of snow :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

The hermit out your way (Bernstein) was trekking around in it with his M37 looking for the horses. :D

Snow on the pumpkins - YouTube

chevytaHOE5674

Just light snow here. My heart goes out to the farmers out west with their snow and blizzard conditions ruining crops, delaying/wrecking harvest, livestock being lost, etc. 2019 is a year that will break a lot of farmers across the country. 

curdog

80 and sunny.  Definitely better than 95+, but I could deal with it being a little cooler. 

Chuck White

A frosty 32° this morning!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

48F and clearing skies. We had a cold front move through and a 2 hr rain before daylight. Going to be a beaut. :)

thecfarm

The leaves are falling. Going to be able to see into the woods again. Been warm here,even first thing in the morning,so far!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Another nice one on the way. Tomorrow will be nasty with wind and 1" of rain. Won't be any leaves here much by the weekend. Into the doldrums. ;)

btulloh

Rain!  Much needed.  A nice soaker today.  Now they can plant the wheat in my field.  Excellent.
HM126

Old Greenhorn

Holy cow, we got a gulley washer going on here. Expecting an excess of 3 inches overnight. Been raining steady since 3pm and been heavy for the last few hours. I got some shop work done, but ain't doing much more with this. Hopefully the power stays on. They are calling for high winds in a few hours, gusting to 50mph. This should clear some leaves.

WV Sawmiller

We're getting same weather as btullah I guess. Perfect for our needs. Slow drizzle and cooling off. We were is severe drought just a couple weeks ago and this is putting us back on track. If it keeps getting cooler I may even break out the bow or take advantage of the youth/senior hunts this weekend where we can take an antlerless deer that does't count against our limits. I had cut an order of board and battens for a customer and he picked them up yesterday while everything was dry so perfect timing for my sawing and his pick up.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

Bad wind in my area as well.
Saw this in the drive to work:

There is a car under there, a blue one tree landing on hood:

Sorry for the photo I was driving by.

Jim Rogers

PS. power was out on my street when I left.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Rain started awhile ago, but I think it was down graded to showers. Looks about right. But it is 20 mph wind or so.

A-z farmer

We have had 3.5 inches of rain since last night and it is still coming down .This brings our total to 40.5 inches for the year so far ,I am glad it is not snow.We put our wheat in by September each year so it gets big enough to survive the cold winter .
We ended the growing season with just over 2400 growing degrees days.
Zeke

Thank You Sponsors!