iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Boiler Wrap Around Circ Recommendation?

Started by LegendsCreekFarm, August 31, 2016, 08:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendsCreekFarm

I was wondering what you all use for your wrap around pump with your wood boiler?   I am finishing up my install tomorrow and I gotta run out to get a new wrap around pump as the one I was going to use was defective.

I just need a circ to move the hot water through the boiler and heat exchanger to keep the water hot in the boiler.  I know those ECM's are getting popular, but then there is the Taco 007 that I was told is standard. I am using 1" pipe and would like something reliable and I would consider a pump that I can control speed for energy savings.

What do you use and recommend?

gspren

I have never heard the term "Wrap Around" in referring to a circ pump, is it something special compared to a normal circ pump?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Gearbox

007 will do very little lift if your boiler or pump is lower than the high point think about a bigger pump like a 011 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

LegendsCreekFarm

I call it a wrap around pump because that is what Central Boiler called it.  Basically it just circulates the water between the heat exchanger and oil boiler.

I went with a 007 and its working great. Its next to the oil boiler, same height and all.  I am considering moving the 007 to one of my zones in that building and moving the Grundfos Alpha to the wrap around. I like the idea of having digital controls to send more hot water if I need it.

garret

The wrap-around pump as it is referred simply circulates water between the plate heat exchanger and your indoor boiler system. You don't need to oversize this. Taco 007 or smaller will work just fine. I use a super brute grundfos pump and that is overkill going back to the 007.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

Holmes

Best solution is to go with manufacturers recommendations.
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!