iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

things found in trees?

Started by getoverit, May 15, 2008, 07:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getoverit

Once apon a time there was a thread on here where people posted pictures of things found in trees. I dont seem to be able to find that thread by doing a search. In particular, there was a picture of a gun found in a tree and a tombstone found in the tree. Does anybody have this thread bookmarked or can you lead me to it?

Thanks,
Ken
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Burlkraft

Would that be the Iron Inventory on The Sawmill Board   ???

No it's not...What was I thinking  ???  ???  ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Fla._Deadheader

I checked out that thread last night, Steve  ::) ::) ;D ;D :D :D

I thought I had the thread name in my head, but, I slept last night, and the pillow was wet this morning, where that info drained out.  ::) ::) :-\
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Grawulf

Ken
I believe that Carly Simon found boys in the trees........ :) Does that count ?

woodmills1

found

many many nails

an elecric box

a hammer so old it had a pointed shank for the handle to attach to no hole for a handle

did I mention screw eyes and hooks

drywall screws are murder on blades

A screw driver............took off all the teeth on the blade

and when ya catch a nail longways
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

Ceramic insulators. Insulators with cable, insulators with, eyebolts, insulators with eyebolts and cable. Dog chain. (No dog) Lots of lag bolts. Resawed a 45' SYP timber in a couple of pieces a few weeks ago. 18 1/2" lag bolts broken off with just an inch in the timber. Of course I was just a 1/4" too high and hit them all. >:(

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

Bullets , chainsaw chain, cloth line pully , cloth line  ::) wire , fence, bolts , nails, horse shoes , glass , of course insulators , pulp hook , short peice of chain ........ I am sure that there are some things I have hit and dont remember at the moment , those old guys sure where good to hang things on a low branch , dam good at it .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pineywoods

Things I wonder how they got there. Stainless steel (very hard) spindle from a cotton picker...hub cap from  model T ford, still had the ford logo.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

alpmeadow

Greetings
Lost a chainsaw chain when I hit a completely encased horseshoe, ingrown in a aspen snag I was taking down.  Also figured out where the shack was by a pile of brick(burned down longtime ago I guess).  Now I wonder where the water well wassssss?
Cheers
alpmeadow
Tallis Creek Woodlot, LT40G28,KubotaMX5000

pigman

Last week I found a 12" wide 10ft long clear oak board in a log. Now that was a shock. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dave Shepard

How long was the log, eight feet? :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

gizmodust

How about a 16-18in. rock in the middle of a maple stump :o?  It was about a 4 ft.diameter tree.  Found it with a brand spanking new 48 in. bar and chain.  Don't know which smoked more, the chain, bar, or me :-\.  Still trying to figure that one out.
Always liked wood with alot of character

treenail

Found a set of heavy duty horseshoes in a walnut tree once. Progress came to a complete halt real quick. The farrier must have hung them over a branch when the tree was young as they changed them and left them there for the tree to grow around for a hundred years.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 sawmill , Ford 4wd tractor,Grimm/Leader maple sugaring equipment, Ford F-350 12' flatbed truck

Dale Hatfield

Found  a Washington Monument looking headstone on a take down  in the old section at the cementary.  Sawed right into the base  make a felling cut on the last section of trunk. spent next couple of hours slabbing to get to it .
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

flip

Not a great pic. but this is my latest "find" ::)

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

zopi

I decapitated the travelocity gnome in a cypress the other day..lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ohsoloco

I've found the typical nails, bullets, eye bolts/hooks, barn spikes, chain, metal fencepost, ceramic insulators.  The most surprising and amusing thing that I found was when I was sawing up a walnut from someone's yard.  Took a slab off of a face and saw a strange color inside....can't remember now if it was bright yellow, pink, or what...but I was thinking that it was some kind of mold.  Turned out to be an Easter egg that got hidden in the walnut hole many years ago  :)  There was a melted chocolate inside the egg.  I took a sniff, but didn't bother to eat it...  :D

Did you know that even if you pull a nail out of a log, there may still be a ceramic insulator in there that the metal detector won't pick up  ???  ::)  :(

stonebroke

Dodgy Loner

Looks like it says "No Tresspassing,  Private Property".  Wasn't doing too much good with three inches of wood around it :D.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

flip

Correct.  It had about about a thousand grains of lead in the center of the sign too,  I think the small print read "aim here". :D
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

buckmtn

Found a 58 gauge round ball in the middle of a 64" black oak from Happy Camp Ca.
Had to have to been shot there in the 1850's.
Mill-doin keeps me from moldin.

SwampDonkey

One of my maples ate a metal clothes line pulley. Completely ate it up.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!