iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

It didn't start here till a bit after 4pm Sunday. I headed out to plow at 3:30 this am and we had 6 to 8in every spot I checked.  About 11 today it started snow/sleet/misting, that made it everything super fun > >:( Weather guesser's are saying another 5 to 7 tonight, we'll see. At least me and the boy got a hour on the atv's rippin dohnuts on the drivway -aka- spreading sand ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

51cub

I got 2 or 3 inches here overnight. I don't know about anyplace else. My first winter retired from the town I sat in the house watching it snow, giggling like a school girl in a short dress that the phone wasn't going to ring calling me to come to work. It can snow again tonight. I won't be getting myself all exercised over it
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Al_Smith

Strange weather .The eastern and New England states are getting hammered  and it missed us .The normal snow belt that hits Cleveland and Buffalo has it's normal southern tip about 40 miles north of here .If the jet stream changes it shifts about 40 miles south and dumps it right on us.The last few years it's shifted clear down to Cincinnati 120 miles to the south .
Never the less I'm still ready if it hits .Jeep is good to go .Gasoline powered bulldozer tarped down and up on railroad ties .25 gallon of gasoline .two generators  and freezer full of food .10-12 cords of wood split, stacked, tarped . Maybe I should get a few more cases of beer just in case . ;D  

doc henderson

@51cub I get the giggle like a school girl metaphor. but if it is snowing, I think we all want to know why you were wearing a short dress? :o :o :o   8) 8) 8)   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Still no snow here.Yet. And yet is the key word word here. Been snowing about a ½ hour from me all day. More of a coastal storm,this time and so far. It's a coming. I guess this was a 2 part storm. More coastal today and moves inland tonight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Logger RK

The weather forecasters were right this time over my way. South Range Wis got around 24 inch if not more of snow. Started Saturday noon. Couldn't even finishing hunting till dark,and couldn't get out Sunday. They did call it a blizzard & it was bad. The city 15 miles north of me is still not opened up totally. But the grandkids are happy cause no school still today. Glad I happen to have my Tree Farmer C7D home at the time. I'll dig out my 12 foot plow today for it. 

GRANITEstateMP

Woke os to 6 more inches of snow this am. No school for the boy again today :(
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Old Greenhorn

Well it pretty much stopped snowing last evening. I got 90% of the cleanup done. Nothing coming when I went to bed at 8:30 (still sick). Got up at 5:30 and we have another 4-5" of the white devil on the ground. 27° here ow. I guess it's time to start all over, but I feel lousy this morning and am having a hard time motivating my butt. It looks fluffy but who knows. 1st week of December and this is already a drag. Gonna be another long day.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on December 01, 2019, 08:29:31 AM
@Old Greenhorn you've been working hard.  chewing 2 to 4 tums for leg cramps in the middle of the night will usually stop them within a few minutes.  the calcium relaxes the muscle.
BTW @doc henderson this was super advice! I take a couple before I go to bed and have had no issues in two days! It works like a miracle. Thank you!
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

No snow here yet, but it is moving north. I can see it beginning south of Bridgewater, Maine from the big window.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

We had 7" here during the daylight hours and it's all over now.

Here's the old hermit reporting in up by you Goose. ;)

Snow - YouTube

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

Quote from: doc henderson on December 02, 2019, 09:10:27 PM
@51cub I get the giggle like a school girl metaphor. but if it is snowing, I think we all want to know why you were wearing a short dress? :o :o :o   8) 8) 8)   :) :) :)
Well, Doc. It's my house. I wanted to move to NH for 43 years. Nobody here but the cat to laugh at me.I'll wear what I want! :D
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Old Greenhorn

@Swapdonkey looks like you caught the edge of it. It was weird down here in the center. We got a bit over a foot, but other areas not far from us 10-20 miles got 2" or more. Albany says it is the 8th biggest snow storm they ever had with 24". Seemed a little whimpy to me. Whatever, it is over now and mostly cleaned up. The temp is not going to go over freezing until next Monday when they expect rain. I hope that cleans us up a little. I am hoping to do some cutting, skidding, and milling this weekend.

thecfarm

Woke up this morning,the ground was white. Just barely at that. Than by 9am it started to snow. Off and on all day,maybe 4 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

26° when I got up. First time I have slept past 5am in a week! The snow is done, and we had some melting yesterday so now the icicles are forming in all the usual places. Forecast for today is clear and overcast with low winds and a high in the mid-30's. It would be a great working day.
 I called in sick, because I am finally losing the fight with this head cold/cough thing and am miserable. The lack of good sleep doesn't help. I hate being home sick and not getting some work done, but I feel like [junk]. I don't like to waste sick days being ....... sick.
 It's not supposed to break well over freezing until next Monday. I was hoping for some good melting but I guess it will take a while. The 35 degree stuff really doesn't cut it.

SwampDonkey

I was up plowing at 4:00 am and 28F at that time, so I know where your coming from. :D

Sunny day here. I don't get paid on sick days, and never knew some people can bank such days until I knew of someone taking retirement early and living off banked sick days for like 2 years. Must be a government thing because Irving, one of the biggest private corporations around, sure ain't giving no one a free ride. :D

doc henderson

28° now, will get up to 60° and sunny today.  will mill some wedding cookies (whole new meaning)  later today.  was sick most of last week, so catching up after sleeping through some great weather days off.

chevytaHOE5674

Been busy plowing snow 6 of the last 7 day's UP here. This winter I have 4 houses/farms to keep plowed out with about 20 miles between so it's a project to keep things cleared out.

Andries

A flock of Canada geese on the Red River in Winnipeg. 
They're hesitating to head South because we've been having a milder than normal fall with only an inch of snowfall.
Next week we've got some -5° F weather forecast, so @goose63 will see them in the Dakotas soon enough. 
I better finish off my milling of storm trees, before Mama Nature shuts me down.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

Did reach 32F yesterday and the road was melting off with help of sand/salt dusted on the road. Was nice day for my 4 mile walk. ;D

thecfarm

Sun could of stayed out more,but it was 36° today. Roads are all cleared again.

chevytaHOE5674

Old Greenhorn

27° this morning, been pretty much like that all week. It's been solid overcast for 3 days with just 10 minutes of sunshine yesterday. Very damp and depressing. The highs are in the mid-30's. The next 3 day or so look about the same with colder daytime temps, then there is a front coming in with wind gusts Sunday afternoon and the temp will start rising through Monday with rain until Tuesday night, then we repeat the cold cycle process with some snow, etc.
 It's depressing and I am sick of being sick. I haven't left the house in 3 days except to get the mail.  I know things at work are going to heck while I am home, but I have nothing left in the tank. I just feel miserable.
 It's barely December and I already have that mid-winter depression.

doc henderson

my grandma used to say, " I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired"!  Maybe a struggle at work in your absence will help them know how important you are to the company.... Oh well prob. not right!?  get well. :)

Thank You Sponsors!