iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

We had 30F here for a high yesterday, it is now 28F this morning. It snowed :o for 3 hrs to give us less than an inch of fresh snow for Christmas. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Good heavens it's supposed to hit 50 today and 55 tomorrow . I'm going to let the fire go out until it gets cold again .

Old Greenhorn

Well it got over 40 yesterday with some sun to boot. Everything was so frozen hard that melting did not start until about 3pm and very soon after, it began to refreeze. Looking for  high of 48 today. I think I will let the stove burn out so I can clean the ash out. It's building up. I have a little milling to do and lots more shop work to go yet. This weather comes at just the right time for a change.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

Well, it broke 50 yesterday! I turned off the shop heat at noon, I like keeping it at 45 because that is a good working temp. It was warmer outside then in the shop. I also got the house stove cleaned out and restarted that last night. Looking to break 40 today and clear skies. Great weather going into the holiday. I know folks like their white Christmas, but I hate having to plow on Christmas morning, kind of kills the buzz. Most of the folks who want a white Christmas don't own plows. ;D
 Enjoy the holiday folks, short workday for me too.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

chevytaHOE5674

We had our 2 days in the 40s and now back to the low 30s. Pleasant weather for the holidays. No new snow but still a few feet on the ground so a white Christmas for sure. 

51cub

Beautiful here yesterday. I took a ride with a friend up to Bradford VT and was dressed too warm. It's going to be sunny again today but about 10° cooler. Still not hard to take. Tomorrow should be about the same with a few more clouds
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

I still have about 4 inches of snow on the ground. Temps are in the 30's for a while. I did not see the 40's temps. I betcha Portland has no snow. No storms in sight,around 20 at night,high noon 30's. Looks like another warm Christmas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

supposed to reach 66° today and no moisture.  got cold and ice coming this weekend. hohoho.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

curdog

55 this morning and heading to 70... definitely not Christmas weather 

SwampDonkey

Mid 20's here today and the wind blew that dusting of snow off to the woods. Had no fire all day here, until this evening. Lots of sun again, radiant heat off the windows. Easy on the wood pile. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

Up at 1:30 am power is out so out I go unhook the snow blower back up to the genset better go check to see if thy got the power back on  :snowball: :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Stephen1

Broken cloud cover and 78F, but them I am in Sunny Florida for Christmas Vacation. We are in Lauderdale by the Sea!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

SwampDonkey

Was near 10F this morning and full sun today. Lots of sun, so don't need wood for most of the day. :)

Seen fresh bear tracks up by the woodlot so they are still not in den here.

Jim_Rogers

I'm in NC and it's 66° here now.

Jim Rogers
PS also on Christmas break.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

tule peak timber

The bottom of my driveway this morning

SwampDonkey

You guys must have lots of yotes to. ;D

tule peak timber

This is a pack of four in broad daylight. Last week a neighbors dog was killed by a bear. The dog was 200 pounds !

SwampDonkey

Another round of ice expected today. 10F this morning, so has some warming to go before ice turns rain. ;D

Old Greenhorn

Temp rose a little through the night and it sounded like the rain started around 1am or so. Raining lightly off and on now and 38°. Glad my lumber is inside. I'll get a couple hours of work in then off to the movies with my bride. I am thankful for the mostly mild temps we have had of the holiday break (except for the first day or two). Hopefully this rain will clear some of the ice that has remained since early last week. Walking across the yard is hazardous and I keep spreading some sawdust and stove ash on the ice to get a little traction. When it is frozen, it is like a teflon pan, you could kick a hockey puck 100 yards without trying. 

thecfarm

I have 26° and I can hear the rain hit the trees. Might get above freezing today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Get ready @Andries 12 to 18 inch of snow on the way :new_year: :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Andries

I see your forecast Goose.
But we're three hours drive North, and our weather Guessers are saying no snow for us. This winter, we haven't had any snow to speak of.

My snowblower is starting to give me supermodel attitude: "I don't leave the shed for less than $10,000 dollars a day!"
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: tule peak timber on December 26, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
This is a pack of four in broad daylight. Last week a neighbors dog was killed by a bear. The dog was 200 pounds !
The dog bothering the bear or what?

It is in the 60s-70s here. Temps will drop to the 40s and 50s then back up to the 60s and 70s. Sometimes we get back to the lower 30s at night. Georgia weather. 🤦🏼‍♂️

SwampDonkey

Light freezing rain has begun here now. :-\

Thank You Sponsors!