iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky On And Off Switch

Started by Autocar, January 09, 2013, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Am I the only one that buys them things like candy and they last about two weeks ? The one ear on the slider breaks and thats the end of them unless you tear it apart and reverse the slide and use the onther side.
Bill

bill m

I have had the same problem. After a little bit of work with a dremel tool I was able to put a toggle switch in.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

What model? I have a 372 and so far no problems with switch. And I can just about break or bend anything.  ::)  Just sent it to the saw doc,replaced boot and some more things,$178. Had to remove the cylinder,so I don't think it's bad,but it still hurts. Saw is getting old,lot of small things happening.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bill m

every 372 I have ever owned. Most everyone I talk to that have a 372 has had the same problem.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Please bill,please Don't tell my 372 that.  :D  I've own 2 and both has treated me well on the switches.

Until I go out tommorrow and it's breaks.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

I had this problem with the first Huskys i bought 40 yrs ago. The switch quit working, chock lever fell off [ piece of wire fixed it] i had to fix the chock so i could shut it off. I didn't need ether one to cut wood, pored gas in the muffler to get it started. Then i'd run it until it ran out of gas, this was a 65, tuff old school saw.
I had the same problem with all models up to 96, you'd think that they could have solved this problem by now.  :P
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Autocar

Iam running 395XP's and I also changed a few to a toggle but just can't understand why Husky can't make a better one or at least stand behind there product a little better. Just my two cents  ;).
Bill

1270d

Never really had a problem with husky switches.  I worked at a husky dealer for a couple of years and didn't replacemany there either.

AdkStihl

1st I've heard of the issue.
Are you using your finger to turn if off.............. or your boot    :)
J.Miller Photography

cuterz

What model are you talking about? I have had no switch problems. Yet. :o

Aroostooksawyer

Yes nothing but trouble on by 372 husky and  dolmar 7900 has exact same switch also with same trouble.

cutter88

lol me to when i go to the local dealer to buy a 6 pack of chains i buy 6 switchs lol
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

barbender

I just had one break on my Jred 2171, that's the second one on that saw. Nothing epidemic in my case.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

cutter88,6 pack of chain? I have not seen that for years, :( Last time I saw that was for $50.

lumberjack48

Carlton usually has a 12 pack, 1 free
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

HiTech

have a 562xp, 372xp, 365, 385xp, 357xp and 394xp....so far no problems with switches. Had to get the destruction manual out to learn how to work them. Not all of them are alike. With anything mechanical you just never know.

lumberjack48

Are they being shut off an on 30 to 50 times a day ?

Al_Smith

Kevin AKA Cut For Fun found a heavy duty push button type that I'd imagine would work .I can't remember what it was on though ,166 Sachs or an 084 Stihl maybe .Worked slick as a whistle .

thecfarm

No I don't turn mine off 30-50, a day,but Aotocar said he was only getting about 2 weeks from one. I've had mine for I think 6 years and I use it alot in a week. I think in a couple days I would get to 30-50. I know in a week I would. I hope I don't start to have trouble with it.

Autocar

Iam starting to think about changing brands . The new 395 XP's are junk as far as Iam concerened. The on and off switch went bad yesturday and the coil went the day before ,three coils in this new saw in two years. My older 395's run like cats yet. Iam not sure what the problems are but there not the saw they use to be in my opinion.
Bill

cuterz

My switches have worked fine so far.

Thank You Sponsors!