iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt 40 hyd switch

Started by CMI80, December 24, 2017, 03:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMI80

Wondering if anyone has had trouble with the mico switch sticking ( staying on) when lever is released on the hyd controls. This only happens when the temps are below 30° F. And is only happening on the up/down lever on the four way clamp. 

Bandmill Bandit

Yes I have had that problem occasionally below freezing.

I use a shot DeoxIt spray to clean the switch and the rocker mechanism when it happens.
http://caig.com/
I use the red can. Has worked every time so far.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

terrifictimbersllc

The switch button is pressed down by a rocker on the end of the same shaft that all of the levers use.   

If it is a problem of the switch button not springing back when the rocker is released that is a problem with the switch.

If the problem is that the rocker arm doesn't release pressure on the switch button when just one of the levers is pushed down and released, that is a different problem.

I would look carefully at the rocker assembly and switch button and try to see which it is.

p.s. I'm familiar with the valve/rocker assembly and switch in a LT40 front remote.  I dont know if yours is different.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

CMI80

Yes it's the rocker arm not releasing. The pin is sticking on the one control lever holding the rocker from moving back to the neutral position. I have to remove the cover and manually release the rocker arm with my hand. I have sprayed it down with a lubricant but did not help. May need to try a stronger solvent as suggested. Wonderful if a stronger spring would do it?

terrifictimbersllc

New one for me.
Pin that extends when the valve is activated is supposed to return when lever is released.  Maybe some crud or ice in there?   Is that pin spring loaded for its return or is it supposed to be pushed back just by the spring return mechanism of the rocker arm assembly?

Maybe when you have it open, hold the rocker arm assembly to the ON position, then see if it is harder to push that pin back in than one of the others.

I'd call WM with that one, get a diagram of the valve see if it can be disassembled and cleaned or ask whether it could be caused by some water in the hydraulic fluid.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

CMI80

Yes the spring on the rocker arm is suppose to push it back. Must be dirt in the pin sleeve that is freezing up at lower temps. Will try different spray cleaner. If that doesn't work I'll take it apart 😕.

Thank You Sponsors!