iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'Nother Hoss for da Farm

Started by Magicman, September 17, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The only tractor that I have had was a 1974 year 1530 (45hp) John Deere.  No FEL so there have been many time that I have been handicapped especially after I lost my neighbor with whom I swapped equipment when needed.

Yesterday Marty and I made an 873 mile (19 hours) trip and brought home a 2005 Kubota (54hp) M4900.  I will unload this "Big Orange" today and get a bit of feel for her.  

Now I gotta find a set of pallet forks the will fit a Bushhog M346 FEL.   Also gotta install the canopy on the ROPS.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crusarius

That looks nice. I wish I had gotten an M series, but I couldn't turn down the price I paid for the L2800.

btulloh

Nice lookin' iron MM. woodmizer orange too.  

I'll be curious to see if you can find forks to fit a 4-in-1. I had to make some.

EDIT:  I see it's not a 4-in-1.  Finding forks should be no problem.
HM126

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

pineywoods

Congrats MM, with a few additions, that will probably be all the tractor you will ever need. Mine's an M4700 2 wheel drive with pallet forks and homemade logging winch. It has been rock solid, needing only 1 tire and a battery. OK, I have busted some of my home-made add-ons :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Good looking addition to the Orange family there in Mississippi. I hope you and Marty enjoy it and get many years of use and enjoyment out of it. Getting a set of forks should be real easy. Sounds like a bit of a road trip to get it. How did you find out about it so far away? Be careful and stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Resonator

Nice tractor there Mr. MM.  thumbs-up
I've been well pleased with my Kubota, big enough to load logs, yet small enough to zig - zag through the woods. I would think 2005 should be pre regen or DEF. Does it have stick-shift or Auto-Magic? move_it ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Nebraska

I bet after a while it becomes one of your best purchases ever. Id be lost without mine.  Congrats on the new iron.

Bruno of NH

Nice tractor
Did it come from N.Y. by chance?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

Actually it came from Texas with the aid of web searches.  :P  That plus I found a set of forks this morning.  They are from my local Kubota dealer who is also a Bushhog dealer.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Nice find on the tractor and forks
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andries

You'll be happy with that tractor - great choice.
It came with a bucket, and you've already found the forks. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that you'll be looking for a set of grapples before too long.  Which makes a quick attach adapter one of the best ever inventions for the front end loader.
It allows you to turn a tool change into a painless flip of two levers.
Then comes the quick hitch for the 3pt. hitch at the back, a fire extinguisher, cast weights for the rear rims, chainsaw mount, tool box, . . . the addiction continues! 😆

Keep us posted as you " pimp up the 'Bota"
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

btulloh

I might start a poll on quick hitch for the 3pt. From what I've seen, 95% of them ever sold have been sitting in a corner after a week or two use. 

Quick attach is a different story. Pretty much a must-have. Wish I had one, but nothing to fit my loader.   >:( >:( :-\
HM126

Bandmill Bandit

Modify loader to fit the quick attach. I've done a few to the Bob_Tack type with excellent results. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

goose63

My quick hitch for the 3 point never comes off I use all the time wood chipper tiller snow blower bush hog
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

btulloh

You are a member of the five percenters!   :D :D
HM126

LeeB

Good on you Lynn. You will really enjoy the forks. I have two sets and a two tine hay spike for my tractor. The hay spike gets more work than the bucket or forks. I use them like forks and they are great for scooping under a log.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

I've had a Category 2 Quick Hitch on the John Deere since 1995, and it very seldom is ever removed.  My plans are to move it to the "Big O",as in "Big Orange" and install Pat's Quick Attaches to the JD.  I suspect that time may find QA's to both tractors.

Southside

Quote from: btulloh on September 17, 2019, 06:16:35 PMQuick attach is a different story. Pretty much a must-have. Wish I had one, but nothing to fit my loader.

There is a shop in Richmond that will make them for anything - among other places they advertise on CL in the heavy equipment section, they fabricate lots of skid steer attachments. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

Good info. I'll check them out and get a quote. Thanks. 
HM126

pineywoods

MM when you see the need for aux hydraulic outlets, I can show you how to add them without breaking the bank. I added 2 more on mine to run a logging winch and hydraulic top link..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Thanks.  For now she is sleeping alone 'cause I have got to catch up on my sawing after getting out of the "sand box".  ;D

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!