iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safest way to pay for a machine -escrow?

Started by Brad_bb, April 23, 2010, 11:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

So I'm interested in a machine out of state.  Cost is $6K.  I've had an independent company go evaluate the condition for me.  I'm want to have it hauled by a trucking company.  Is there a safer way to pay the guy, reducing the risk of just sending him a check.  It may be a few weeks before  truck could pick up the machine.  I just want to be as save as I can.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

beenthere

Safe from what?
Risk to you? Risk to the seller?

What will the seller take for payment?  Cashiers check, PayPal, Credit Card, personal check?

Are you worried that there will be something wrong when it arrives by truck, and you want to be able to get your $6k back? 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_bb

No, I want to be careful about sending a check for the full amount, him cashing it, having the hauler show up for it, and no one there, no machine, and no longer able to get a hold of the seller- disappears.  If there was some way to pay him maybe some up front, and the balance when it's on the truck...
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

D Hagens

Have the trucking company hand over the loot when they pick it up.

red oaks lumber

1) have that indepedant company hand the check over when the machine is loaded on the truck.
2)if you pay via cashiers check atleast you have a paper trail for legal actions, for 6 grand i don't think someone is going to bang you. trust your fellow man
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Sawyerfortyish

Send him a postal money order. I think 1000.00 is max you can get. If he disappears go back to the post master file a mail fraud charge and the federal marshalls will hunt him down for you. Nobody and I mean nobody likes to deal with the feds. You will get your money back or your machine very quickly.

Thank You Sponsors!