iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back on board the Board Board

Started by DanG, April 17, 2002, 09:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I'm back, after my annual exposure to "polite society" at the Masters Tournament in Augusta. Before you start on the "Lucky You" thing, you should know that I went up there to WORK!  And work I did...6am to 9pm for 7 straight days, working for the food concessions folks. This was my 10th year on the job, and it doesn't get easier as I get older, but it is a lot of fun.

After a while on the Forestry Forum, I enjoyed observing the trees on that special place, with new appreciation. I had intended to have my picture taken with one of the huge pines, about 48" dbh, but the weather really screwed us up. Cameras are not allowed on the course after Wednesday, so I was shut out of that opportunity. I did get a few shots of things you won't see on TV, and I'll try to post a few of them later.

I'm glad to be back home, and am trying to catch up on all the new postings and new members.

The most special thing this year was seeing Arnold Palmer on his last competitive Masters round. It was touching to see the outpooring of love for the old warrior. You could follow his progress by just listening to the thunderous applause from the fans crowding every fairway and green. I really don't see how he could keep his composure, but it was a very special thing to see.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bud Man

DanG , Welcome back, must have been a treat to experience the Masters. I remember watching Arnie's Army back in the sixties when the total tournament purse was an outrageous $200,000 or so and the winner got $20 or $30,000 and that 48" Pine was probably a mere 25"er.  Looking forward to the pic's !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

timberbeast

Sounds like a long,  but fun week.  Not much into golf,  I live across from a golf course,  but never have swung a club!  Always thought that Mr. Palmer is a class act,  though.  This can only enhance the feeling.
Where the heck is my axe???

RavioliKid

Wow, DanG!

Even if you WERE working, I have got to say it: You lucky thing!

What a priviledge to be there! I can't wait to see your pictures!

RavioliKid

Jeff

Did you wear yer new hat? Did you let Arnie try it on?  You wernt the one that got samsneaded was ya? Don't tell me you let Sam wear the hat, it was to big, fell over his eyes and thats what made him shank one?  :o
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Well, Yepsir, I did wear my new hat for the practice rounds. Only the Masters logo is allowed by employees during the tournament. Unfortunately, photo ops were severely curtailed by the weather. It didn't show up on TV(a LOT of things don't show up on TV) but the place was an absolute quagmire.  The drizzling rain didn't stop play, much, but the conditions were really bad. I had thought I might get up to the autograph area, and get a snap of the hat with one of the biggies,  but was unable to pull it off. Monday's pics were lost because I had the Macro button on all day. Tuesday was TOTAL rain. Wednesday, I spent the whole day at the Par 3 tournament, working alone, and simply didn't have time. Cameras are forbidden Thur-Sun. In short, I didn't get the pics. :-[
I did get some pics while riding along on the golf cart, and I'll try to post some in a day or 2.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Cool enough for me! The DanG Forum hat made it to the masters. Aint that sumpthun 8)

Tom

This DanG forum DonT stop nowhere. :D

CHARLIE

Good Grief Tom!  DonT you think that was pretty DanG weak?  I'll give you a complimentary chuckle. Heee heeee.   ???
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodman

Dan it's been over a week, did you forget about the photo's
Jim Cripanuk

Tom

Gotta be patient, 'woodman.  We're pretty laid back down here in Florida, it takes at least a week for the One Hour Photo shops. :D

8) I just saw that this was the 4444th post on the General Board and thought it so interesting  that I had to come modify it for the record.  

DanG

I'm cogitatin' about it, Jim. If anybody'd care to send me a brief tutorial on how to post pics on here, it'd probably get done sooner. This 'Puter thang is about to get me down. :-/

Jeff

Tom, Ron W madew the 666 post on this forum. At the time I thought it was not a good idea to mention it to anybody but him, but now I figure, what the hell.  

Thank You Sponsors!