iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood processing shed

Started by rjwoelk, September 13, 2019, 02:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoelk

Finished the model according to the stamped plans.

first pic tractor is backed into the shed to run the processor.

my plan is to use the model as a check off to what has been done. Bents 3 and 4 will have diagonal 1x nailed on to act as bracing and to keep the tractor noise and fumes out. May need to use some sound proofing on that wall. Most of the timbers have been milled will be milling the rest in a couple of weeks. Then start cutting the frame.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Andries

rj: great looking model, it'll help visualize the building as you mill timbers and start your joinery.
Sakatchewan winters are harsh. The shed should make for a much better working place with some warmth and good lighting.
So, if I have this right; the tractor uses pto power to the firewood processor. .  and the processor works in the shed as well. You'll have a "greenbelt" to load logs into the processor, and a conveyor opening to move fresh split to bins or a truck bed?
You may need some more Tonka trucks and Processor toys to show us the layout . . . 😆
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

rjwoelk

Yes the processor is pro driven
The log deck is a McKee stack and mover. Back in the 60s this machine had a hood on it with  7 rows of chain that moved the hay off and or on to the wagon. So it now moves logs to a end conveyor.  Then into the processor cut split and into mini bilk bags. Our plan is to add a conveyor with 8 doors to fill 8 bags. We do only 2 right now.swimg the out feed conveyor side to side.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Andries

Thanks.
Sounds like a big increase in production.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

flyingparks

Cool idea and great model. How come I didn't get a mini sawmill with my big one?

rjwoelk

I got that one because it did not have a log, and they were to come with a log. I was picking up a extension to my 15 and was telling them of the project and he says You need a model for that.  :D 

Thank You Sponsors!