iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2021 ??

Started by Magicman, December 31, 2020, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimW

Quote from: doc henderson on October 24, 2021, 08:37:47 AM
It was medical day yesterday at my house.  Brian (CRNA) and his son Dexter came over to get some material to cover a wall and make shelves for an eguanna enclosure.  then Dr. Fan (pain medicine) and Dr. Hagley (cardiology) cam over and we milled up a peach tree.  Mike @Cardiodoc will dry it in a drying room he has in his shop.

the last pic is the rest of the maople cut to 1/4 inch stock to dry for coaster stock.  after this the neighbor having a birthday, stopped by for a beer.  
Doc,
      What is maople?  Is it like maople syrup? LOL
                   hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Bindian on October 24, 2021, 01:21:32 PMWhat is maople?  Is it like maople syrup? LOL
                  hugs,  Brandi
It's Maple that needs strong glasses to see the sun.
What's an eguanna?
:D :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Resonator

Maybe it's one of those complicated words like: "shark-shootery boards". ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

WOW  :o  tough crowd!   :) :) :)  it was early!  I'm old.  I'm tired!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TimW

Quote from: doc henderson on October 24, 2021, 02:07:00 PM
WOW  :o  tough crowd!   :) :) :)  it was early!  I'm old.  I'm tired!
:D :D :D
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

TimW

I replaced my Yanmar's electric pump Friday.  Yesterday, I finished sawing ERC 1x3 baseboards.

I kept a few odd leftovers.

Also saved all the sawdust.

hugs,  Brandi

Resonator

Just teasin' ya doc. smiley_jester
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

thanks all.  a bit of kidding around is perceived by me as a compliment.  I have probably poked you all a time or two as well.  God Bless.  Doc!   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

richhiway

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 22, 2021, 09:00:34 PM

Perfect mobile job - 8 miles from home, poplar, 10' top made into 4/4 boards and other 3 - 12' longs made into 2X6's. I doesn't get much better than that. My mill turned over 1,000 hours while sawing this job. Just about 170,500 bf total during that time so just over 170 bf/ engine hour.

We slid off the lumber on to this trailer till we figured we had all it was safe to carry and the customer just slid the rest off the end of the mill and will stack it tomorrow when he has help. as we drove around the big hay field behind his house to these log we cut off 7 big gobblers who flew into the woods behind the field.

When we finished my son showed up and helped load up. How come the "help" always shows up after the last log has been sawed?

I drove over to my son's house 2 miles from the customer's set up. We sawed this 16' hemlock and got 4-2X6's out of it.  

We sawed the 2 logs on the right and made more 10' 2X6's. We started to saw the logs on the left into 4/4 sheeting but my band broke and we were out of time as my son had to go to a ball game with the rest of the family. Our 15 y/o gd is in the band.

They are going to Dollywood tomorrow so I brought their retarded dog home with me for the weekend. The next time I am sawing in the area I'll stop and we'll saw the rest into sheeting and such. I got home just before dark and will do my 1,000 hour service on the mill tomorrow and start on the next job about 14 miles away for 2-3 days as I have to cut and stack it.
what breed would that be?  :D
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

beenthere

Got an edumacation, and now know what an "eguanna enclosure" is all about. Thanks Doc 8)

Had me thinking it was "egguanna enclosure" and some kind of chicken coop with egg collection device. So looked it up..  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

Brandi,

I don't want to alarm you but it looks like a vicious dog is sneaking up on your cedar stack in the first picture. It looks like he is getting ready to pounce. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Quote from: doc henderson on October 24, 2021, 03:00:12 PM
thanks all.  a bit of kidding around is perceived by me as a compliment.  I have probably poked you all a time or two as well.  God Bless.  Doc!   :)
.............poked you all........................
Dang Doc, get some rest.  You ARE tired.
                      hugs,  Brandi

Southside

Doc lives in a unique part of Kansas where they have an amazing variety of Maple, some of it closely resembles oak.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: richhiway on October 24, 2021, 05:39:33 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 22, 2021, 09:00:34 PM

Perfect mobile job - 8 miles from home, poplar, 10' top made into 4/4 boards and other 3 - 12' longs made into 2X6's. I doesn't get much better than that. My mill turned over 1,000 hours while sawing this job. Just about 170,500 bf total during that time so just over 170 bf/ engine hour.

We slid off the lumber on to this trailer till we figured we had all it was safe to carry and the customer just slid the rest off the end of the mill and will stack it tomorrow when he has help. as we drove around the big hay field behind his house to these log we cut off 7 big gobblers who flew into the woods behind the field.

When we finished my son showed up and helped load up. How come the "help" always shows up after the last log has been sawed?

I drove over to my son's house 2 miles from the customer's set up. We sawed this 16' hemlock and got 4-2X6's out of it.  

We sawed the 2 logs on the right and made more 10' 2X6's. We started to saw the logs on the left into 4/4 sheeting but my band broke and we were out of time as my son had to go to a ball game with the rest of the family. Our 15 y/o gd is in the band.

They are going to Dollywood tomorrow so I brought their retarded dog home with me for the weekend. The next time I am sawing in the area I'll stop and we'll saw the rest into sheeting and such. I got home just before dark and will do my 1,000 hour service on the mill tomorrow and start on the next job about 14 miles away for 2-3 days as I have to cut and stack it.
what breed would that be?  :D
Here he is. 
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=115797.msg1831678#msg1831678

And he is not getting any smarter. All night long I hear my wife go "Ooof. Ouch. Teddy, get off of me." He jumps up on her then he goes and sleeps on her pillow and if she has to get up at night she has to get out on my side of the bed because the dog is on the other side.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 24, 2021, 07:54:01 PM
Brandi,

I don't want to alarm you but it looks like a vicious dog is sneaking up on your cedar stack in the first picture. It looks like he is getting ready to pounce. :D
That's just Fritz making sure nothing will reach out and grab my leg.  He barks at leaves falling.
hugs,  Brandi

DWyatt

Finished up the pine sawing job this weekend. No pictures other than the customer's truck leaving with 900 bf of 10' long 4/4 boards for cabin wall paneling. Total for the job was about 2800 bf of 4/4 and some 8/4 plus 4 logs that were made completely into stickers. All of this came from 40 small logs. 

I'm not sure what's in that pine saw dust, by my eye lids are so swollen it looks like they're half way shut and they're red and itchy. Last week when sawing, my whole face and neck broke out into a rash that lasted a couple days. I'm glad this job is done.

samandothers

@Old Greenhorn had issues with pine dust I believe a while back.  He had the rash issues but I don't recall eye swelling. 

doc henderson

if it is a contact dermatitis, you can try some 1% hydrocortisone over the counter.  I have delt with allergy to our paper masks for the last 6 months.  I had to move on to betamethazone (high potency) steroid.

VB-Milling

Sawed some nice looking cherry yesterday afternoon.

HM126

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: samandothers on October 25, 2021, 10:31:16 AM
@Old Greenhorn had issues with pine dust I believe a while back.  He had the rash issues but I don't recall eye swelling.
Yup I did, and Yup, I do still, BUT if I am very careful about using the cream as Doc says, washing up as soon as possible (a hose in the summer is nice, but no so great this time of year) and wearing long sleeves when at all possible, I seem to keep it in check. Missing any of those steps makes it worse. Now it generally goes away in a day or so and never gets crazy like it did before.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Quote from: VB-Milling on October 25, 2021, 11:12:53 AMSawed some nice looking cherry yesterday afternoon.
Very Nice my Friend.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Quote from: Bindian on October 24, 2021, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 24, 2021, 07:54:01 PM
Brandi,

That's just Fritz making sure nothing will reach out and grab my leg.  He barks at leaves falling.
hugs,  Brandi
Fritz looks an awful lot like a dog my children grew up with.  Turned out that she was a Carolina Dog.  A breed of dogs very common in NC, SC and Georgia.  They are a very old breed that apparently migrated across the land bridge from Asia to North America with the people who did the same.  Ours turned up as a puppy at my in-law's house.  My FIL said, "Ted you should take that dog home for your children."  I've always kept it to myself but that was an odd coincidence.  Dinky was one of the very best dogs we have ever owned. :)
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

SawyerTed

Quote from: VB-Milling on October 25, 2021, 11:12:53 AM
Sawed some nice looking cherry yesterday afternoon.

Cherry is one of my favorites to mill.  It cuts well and is beautiful!  That looks very nice!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

VB-Milling

Quote from: SawyerTed on October 25, 2021, 03:42:41 PM

Cherry is one of my favorites to mill.  It cuts well and is beautiful!  That looks very nice!

I agree Ted.  Wish I had much more of it!  The list is short (cherry, cedar, loblolly pine, hickory, walnut, paulownia, white oak, maple), but of what I've sawed so far, cherry is my favorite.  Probably next would be paulownia because of how easy it is to move the slabs  :D
HM126

WV Sawmiller

Ted,

First I must publicly apologize for doubting your "Carolina Dog" post and I felt like one leg was getting longer than the other but when I checked I found there is such a K-9 as described. I personally think Brandi's dog looks a little on the small side per the descriptions listed but it could be a mix. I am sure Fritz is a happy sawmill dog and Brandi is happy with him just as I am with Sampson and others with their best furry friends.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!