iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

88° yesterday and 84° today.  Ready for the 70's tomorrow.  TOO HOT too soon!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

HemlockKing

Just under freezing here I can still hear the peepers outside despite it so they haven't frozen up yet  :D
A1

SwampDonkey

No peeps from a peepers around here, still ice in them woodland pools. Another hard freeze here, 21F. I think parts of Maine down to 16F. Dohh!!! :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I had 22° yesterday morning and it's 30° now. Looks like above freezing for a while. Yesterday was on the cool side with a slight breeze. As I say, rather have this now, than in June.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Snow on the way here tomorrow night into Monday before going to a freeze/wet mix. It's going to be sunny here today and tomorrow morning, another cold night expected tonight. After that is over, looks like near 50F all next week and no freezing at night.

Still too early for these little beauties, red bell pepper.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

High of 34 and a low of 23 yesterday, some flurries through the day. 26 now. Could not get my body warm yesterday. Hi for today is only 50. Same for tomorrow. It might hit 60 on Tuesday.
 The peepers have grown silent.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

woodroe

15* this morning, brrr. Picked up another inch of rain couple days back.
After last summer's drought don't think I'll ever complain about rain again.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Nebraska

Supposed to hit 70 today and it is beautiful outside. Very little wind top ten day.  :)

SwampDonkey

34F here, and the snow has moved in. Suppose to switch back and forth between rain. ;D

thecfarm

Was below freezing the last 2 nights, going to almost get there tonight too. Was a nice day, sweat shirt was worn, but nice. I tried to do some raking. Did ok for a while than some wind gusts came up and I changed jobs. I raked up the gravel and rocks beside the dirt road we live on. I mow up and down the road, get rid of the winter ridge of gravel and rocks, it's easier on the blades.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

warm but windy, red flag warning.  no burning scraps today.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Still 34F here and looks like a blanket of 1" snow out there, has not snowed for a few hours. Hopefully will get some rain today. Hard to say with these whacky weather guesses. Say rain 5 days before and get snow, it was the way of it last spring to. :D

thecfarm

I have 35° and looks like no below freezing temps for a while. Maybe some temps in the low 60's coming.
That snow in the lower end of the field is still there. Just like the last year. Kinda blows in there and the sun does not get at it. I raked a little yesterday, stating to dry out. I would not take the tractor across the field yet.

Sedgehammer

@SwampDonkey & @thecfarm with those temps still in April, sure glad i moved south years ago....... 70's here today......
Necessity is the engine of drive

SwampDonkey

We feel just as fortunate living up here, letting you take the heat. :D :D

Sedgehammer

I hear ya. It does get hot, true, but I found drinker beer, swimming in warm water and related was more enjoyable then ice fishing and related over all..... I can drive 6 hours west and be in the snow and cold for skiing and related, then drive back to where it's much warmer....

But glad people still like it where it's cold. I did find it was much easier to garden in WI then it is here in OK, so there's that benefit to up north.

SwampDonkey

Last summer it was a lot like southern Virginia, 85 to 95 with humidity day after day, and no rain. Maybe this summer it will rain 3 days a week and be 70-80 for a change with 3 days of dry northern air like it's suppose to be. :D

Sedgehammer

To be honest I go back and fourth on the what's better, up north or down south. I love the 7-8 months of where i grew up. I hated the 2-3 really cold months as i got older, but I worked in the cold and was really chilled to the bone so many times and even had frostbite in my hands a few times. Took several years before the pain went away. My eyes yearn for the snow and a cabin in the woods, but my body says heck (well, okay, much worse) when it feels the cold. 

SwampDonkey

My old man could ride an open tractor with just a baseball cap for that bald head and -20 outside. Drive 3 miles to the woodlot and cut wood all day in a sweater, coat set aside once work began. I couldn't wear a baseball cap in the cold of winter, not more than walking across the yard or my ears would freeze. I wear a sheepskin wool hat or fleece hat of some kind, I'm not afraid to admit it. :D I dress for the cold though, but one thing, I never was cold working in the woods either. I pitty the skidder man or the loader operator though, with no heated cab. Get some clothes on ya if your not physically working. More men froze to death than was sun beat to death, and that's a fact. :D

HemlockKing

Quote from: Sedgehammer on April 05, 2021, 08:36:04 AM
To be honest I go back and fourth on the what's better, up north or down south. I love the 7-8 months of where i grew up. I hated the 2-3 really cold months as i got older, but I worked in the cold and was really chilled to the bone so many times and even had frostbite in my hands a few times. Took several years before the pain went away. My eyes yearn for the snow and a cabin in the woods, but my body says heck (well, okay, much worse) when it feels the cold.
Cold is not fun but being cooked at 80+ is no funner, especially the added bonus of insects, I'll take the cooler temps  ;D. A perfect day for me is 65-70 sunny slight breeze
A1

Sedgehammer

Agreed for work. Fun in the water and related. Nope. Drinking beer by the lake in the evening without a jacket is nice. Back home, soon as the sun goes down chilly. Few bugs here. Further east and south, yeah, bugs. But anyways they both have bennies.

SwampDonkey

In the 40's today and the sun out some, that snow is about gone from last night. North wind though. I don't know where the rain went, but it never showed up. ;D

thecfarm

sledgehammer, I wish about 500,000 people would think the same as you.  ;)   :)

Sedgehammer

Quote from: thecfarm on April 05, 2021, 08:23:38 PM
sledgehammer, I wish about 500,000 people would think the same as you.  ;)   :)
:D :D :D :D :D i hear ya, but then i'd prolly move back up north then also..... :o

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Sedgehammer on April 06, 2021, 12:29:10 AM
Quote from: thecfarm on April 05, 2021, 08:23:38 PM
sledgehammer, I wish about 500,000 people would think the same as you.  ;)   :)
:D :D :D :D :D i hear ya, but then i'd prolly move back up north then also..... :o
smiley_furious3 ban_smiley  We welcome one and all. :D

Thank You Sponsors!