iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

75 here 100% cloud coverage. Just how I like it lol . I'm turning into a vampire. A 70 degree overcast day can turn into a 90 degree day real fast with sun coming through
A1

SwampDonkey

We've had another 1-1/4" (1-1/2" total) rain over night and it has been damp in the woods since with mist and showers off and on. Needless to say the Goldbond was needed in the nether area after walking all day in wet pants. :-X Yes, it works.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Wudman on June 30, 2021, 05:00:16 PMI have a crew that lives about 6500 km south of you that can help with that work.  85 degrees won't bother them too much.  A World Cup Soccer match will pull them out of the woods, but heat doesn't bother at all.   :D :D

Wud
I seen a lot of fellas make claims. I reserve judgment until after a 40 hr week on a clearing saw. Not 2 hrs and running home stuff. ;D And done right, so you don't have to go back over it and cut the stuff you left the first time and pass on quality. ;D I don't mind heat when the pay is good and finishing up a block. ;) Plus on the last 2 days I did GPS work in the rain. One extreme to the next. :D I ain't complain'n. I can tell ya, I don't see anyone running up here in groves to thin. I give everyone a chance. ;D
@hemlockKing trees spaced 7-8 feet and cut'n stuff 1 foot tall to 25 feet tall, but averaging 12 feet tall on that old farm ground. The plantation we had before was stuff up to 16 feet (hardwood clump), but mostly 6 to 10 feet tall.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

There was a reprieve from the rain at the house all afternoon, but not out in the bush. But after supper it has kicked in again with a light rain.  Been coming down now a couple hours, won't be surprised if we hit 2" or more by morning (weekly accumulation). :)

thecfarm

At least someone is getting rain!!
Cooling off here. Seem odd to go outside and not get hit by a blast furnace.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

52F here this morning, overcast, no rain falling for the moment. A fall jacket would be nice out on the porch. Yes, the long sleeve fall cotton shirt is on, but a 'Big Bills' quilted jacket would feel nicer. :D  fire_smiley

Been eating peppers here for 2 weeks, need some today for some chili to warm me up. :)

Have to tie up the tomatoes today, they are like trees and full of blooms.

Grapes are going gang busters and full of setting fruit. If nothing destroys them there will be lots of juice. :)

thecfarm

Maybe you sent the rain down here. Just a very light rain here now. At 56°.  :o   Feels like a walk in cooler out there now. Didn't I say it was almost 100° a few days ago??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Super hard rain here. Only takes 2 min to get soaked then it's whatever might as well be a splash playland lol 
A1

thecfarm

Kinda stopped raining here this morning. Than started back up again around noon. A nice slow rain. 56° and on the cool side.

HemlockKing

Heat dome slowly creeping east. Good luck Ontario lol 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

Whats this rain you guys speak of? Lol

Take a leak on the dirt here and its dried up and gone before you can zip up.

90s over the weekend will nail the coffin shut on things growing here for a good while.

SwampDonkey

Never reached 60F here Friday. ;D 48F here in wee morning hours. ;)

Long range shows nothing above the 70's for the next week. I like olden times summer weather.  :)

SwampDonkey

Whooeee, sure feels like mid September. On the cool side riding the mower. Where's my fall jacket? fire_smiley

goose63

Down right hot for the next week with no rain in sight >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

HemlockKing

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 02, 2021, 08:20:14 PM
Whats this rain you guys speak of? Lol

Take a leak on the dirt here and its dried up and gone before you can zip up.

90s over the weekend will nail the coffin shut on things growing here for a good while.
Man you guys can't catch a break out there. Bless the rains in Michigan.
A1

SwampDonkey

Damp air, no sun and 67F inside the house, the electric furnace is on. A little cool for a shower. ;D

HemlockKing

About the same here. It kind of wants to rain but nothing yet. Feels nice to have the cool breeze as opposed to the last few days
A1

SwampDonkey

I got the shovel handy in case it snows. ;D :D  58F here on the porch. Calling for showers toward morning.

SwampDonkey

Mowed the new lawn for the first time this morning. We've had enough rain for it to germinate and grow. :) That is sloped.

I mowed with the contour.

HemlockKing

The best weather to do your thinning sd. Go out with a sweater work for 5 minutes and it's good t shirt working 
A1

SwampDonkey

If it is still in the 70's or cooler, I will be cutting a cord of firewood and splitting it next Saturday morning. A cord a weekend for the next 2 months is 2022's stove wood. Haul her in October. :)

thecfarm

We are selling wood pellets at work.
The heat is on at my house.

SwampDonkey

52F this morning, no rain overnight. Overcast and still NE wind off Greenland. :D :D

thecfarm

I have 46°, but high noon mid 70's and the sun is out. Things will grow now. Weeds too!!!  :D 

HemlockKing

It's cold out this morning!!!! 73 later. Wind finally died off. Can finish putting up this garage in a box without blowing away lol
A1

Thank You Sponsors!