iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corduroy trail

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2021, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tammy and I spent 3 days last week fixing a wet main trail problem.  :)

Using our Logrite Tools log arch to build a corduroy trail. - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

A Sheldon Cooper shirt, A Nirvana shirt and asking Tammy to work hard, THAT'S the stuff!
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

That's the way Jeff and Tammy. Only way it will get done is to get do'in it. :)

Great to use up those old tamarack. I'll bet the flies were hungry, for sure. :D

I've only got 2 crossings corduroyed so far because that is as far as the main trail goes so far in my woods, about 400 yards. I'll be cutting a lot of firewood off that trail as I thin. Also, there will be more trail poles as I go along. I build as I need since I'm crossing virgin ground as far as road or trail goes. It's enough work along with the wood cut'n. I have to spend time as I progress to recon the ground conditions for the best route. It's always a challenge because of wet runs and pits and mounds across the land. Flat ground with elevated spots. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Hey, way to go you two!!! 

Looks like you solved a mess with a miracle.  Good Job.   thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

HemlockKing

makin driveable dirt road by hand is not easy, but rewarding when you drive over smoothness and not rocky bumps mud holes etc. My own "roads" are a workin progress this week too. I got lots of small boulders/rocks on hand to fill the voids  ;D
A1

nybhh

What a great video!  I'm super inspired by this.  I've got an area on my property I can only get my tractor to during very dry or very cold times and its a bit of a problem.  This is a perfect use of TSI trees in the 6-12" range too large for my chipper, too green to burn, and too small to bother milling.    
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota L3800, Stihl MS261 & 40 acres of ticks trees.

jmouton

thats some good work there,,,
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Larry

I had one of those tractor dirt scoops I used maybe 40 years ago on a Oliver 550.  I used my scoop turned so it dug dirt when I drove forward.  Never had to stop to back up and the tires get better traction going forward.  Your scoop direction puzzled me until I remembered (I think) that they are reversible.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Yes, thay will mount both ways. I was needing to scoop out of a pile.

thecfarm

That should do it!!
It's always nice to make an improvement on you land.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Don P

Looking good! Looks like you had another winch-cident  :D. The one on Michelle's side curtains on the high tunnel has whacked me more times than I can count.

Jeff

It was a close one!  :D Folks will have a better idea about why you bring that up when I release the pavilion build video in a few days.

Sedgehammer

I'm still waiting for you to show us the pants. All I've seen so far is road building over a wet spot....... :o
Necessity is the engine of drive

Thank You Sponsors!