iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

truisms - Saying you have found true

Started by DDW_OR, October 01, 2021, 01:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: GAB on October 17, 2021, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: Southside on October 17, 2021, 07:46:48 PM
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.
Even if it is a controlled crash landing.
GAB
Both are better than beating the paramedics to the scene of the crash.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Andries

"Being on the ground and wishing you up in the air, is far better than being up in the air and really wishing you were on the ground."  
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

doc henderson

"he who dies with the most toys wins"!

"the only differance between men and boys, is the price of their toys"!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Stephen1

The person with the biggest morgtage when they die wins!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Southside

Did some research Stephen1. Found out that.

100% of forcloserus were on houses with mortgages. Figure it was a truism. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Crusarius

We were messing with the safety guy at work one day. He requested we get SDS sheets for everything in our building. So we did. 

He didn't realize we had the most dangerous stuff on earth in the building.

Dihydrogen monoxide. 100% of people that come in contact with it or ingest it, DIE!

He freaked out and went crazy trying to figure out how to handle and contain it.

This went on for about a month before we had to enlighten him and tell him it is two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen, commonly known as H2O, more commonly known as WATER.

Percy

Old workers poem:

Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
That's why I poop on company time.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

moodnacreek

Ok, here goes; Idle hands are the devil's work shop [the problem with our country]                                                       and for me; 'There is no fool like an old fool'                                                                                                             The question; How much should I tighten this bolt? Answer; as tight as you can, then one more turn.

DDW_OR

Quote from: Crusarius on October 19, 2021, 09:33:58 AM
We were messing with the safety guy at work one day. He requested we get SDS sheets for everything in our building. So we did.

Dihydrogen monoxide. 100% of people that come in contact with it or ingest it, DIE!

He freaked out and went crazy trying to figure out how to handle and contain it.

This went on for about a month before we had to enlighten him and tell him it is two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen, commonly known as H2O, more commonly known as WATER.
yea we had a guy at work searching for, thermal printer ink ribbon
"let the machines do the work"

sawguy21

:D That safety officer sounds like the one we had to deal with, he always had new solutions looking for a problem. It was fun messing with him.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old Greenhorn

Seems like the safety officer or whatever a particular company calls them these days are the only source of good entertainment left in the workplace. Some of the practical jokes and gags we would pull on each other a few years ago could get you arrested or fired today for harassment, discrimination, or worse.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

upnut

Concerning family farm operations.....The first generation buys it, the second generation pays for it, and the third generation loses it. Heart breaking but often true...

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Tacotodd

The biggest cause for divorce is marriage
The biggest cause of death is life
Trying harder everyday.

Crusarius

Quote from: DDW_OR on October 19, 2021, 02:55:22 PM

yea we had a guy at work searching for, thermal printer ink ribbon

Thats a good one to :)

The only reason for the safety guy is the major insurance break they get from it.

Southside

Old Greenhorn, the stuff we pulled in high school chemistry class would make Fox News these days and have the FBI tactical team kicking in the front door.  Never hurt a soul.  Can't say the same for some pond ice and a few old hollowed out trees.   :-X
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

caveman

Quote from: Crusarius on October 19, 2021, 09:33:58 AMWe were messing with the safety guy at work one day. He requested we get SDS sheets for everything in our building. So we did. 
I did this to one of the deans at school a few years ago.  By mid-morning I'd forgotten all about it until the assistant principal over facilities informed me the hazmat team was coming.  I quickly let her know that we already handled the cleanup.  The dean was unhappy with me and my sense of humor.
Caveman

olcowhand

"Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear- or a Fool from any direction..."
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

WV Sawmiller

"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

moodnacreek

Quote from: olcowhand on October 20, 2021, 05:31:57 AM
"Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear- or a Fool from any direction..."
Now that's really a good one and i was brought up with the first two but didn't know the third.

newoodguy78

Quote from: upnut on October 19, 2021, 07:14:10 PM
Concerning family farm operations.....The first generation buys it, the second generation pays for it, and the third generation loses it. Heart breaking but often true...

Scott B.
Seen that all too many times 

olcowhand

Quote from: moodnacreek on October 20, 2021, 08:39:40 AM
Quote from: olcowhand on October 20, 2021, 05:31:57 AM
Now that's really a good one and i was brought up with the first two but didn't know the third.
I don't know who authored it, but I figured that's why nobody visits me. I'm either Bull-headed, a Horse's Back-side- or the last one.....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Tacotodd

Quote from: olcowhand on October 21, 2021, 04:48:16 AM

I don't know who authored it, but I figured that's why nobody visits me. I'm either Bull-headed, a Horse's Back-side- or the last one.....
Steve
I'm usually both simultaneously, according to my wife  ;)
Trying harder everyday.

SawyerTed

Yogi Berra is one of my heroes!  Here are three gems from Yogi!

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, you might wind up some place else.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em.

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

red

When you come to a fork in the road . . take it 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!