iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free Logs in Coventry, CT

Started by pnyberg, October 13, 2021, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnyberg

I haven't visited the Forestry Forum since I sold my sawmill a few years ago, but I got a 'Happy Birthday' email the other day, so apparently I'm still a member.  

Earlier this year, several trees in the woods on my property were toppled by a wind storm.  Last week I cut them up for firewood, but I have 4 logs from an oak that are too large for me or my equipment to handle, so I'm hoping that someone else can make use of them.  

The logs are each an inch or two over 9' long.  The diameters at the smaller ends are 21", 20", 18", and 16".  They are all straight.  The bottom two logs have no branches.  The third had a few small branches, the forth had several large branches.

The logs are lying in the woods about 150' from a paved town road, and are accessible via a 'woods road' that I used to bring out the smaller logs.

It would be a shame to let these logs just rot in the woods.  If you can move them, you can have them.

If you have a portable sawmill and would prefer to mill them on site and just take the lumber, that would be OK too.

Peter Nyberg

No longer milling

Magicman

Not about the logs/trees but I looked at your profile when your birthday came up.  I know that you are no longer sawing but I sorta miss you being on here and smiled when I saw this pop up.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pnyberg

Thanks for the kind words Magicman. I retired from milling at 65 because I was too old for that kind of work.  I guess you must be younger than me.

Peter
No longer milling

Magicman

Our profiles show the age difference.  :)  I will admit that I am presently reducing my sawing load and I referred two jobs to another sawyer today.  Actually two very nice jobs.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!