iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Propane prices ?

Started by 21incher, October 26, 2021, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Concerning fuel prices - remember that elections have consequences.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

hedgerow

Its was $1.26 in June around here I had the tank filled a few weeks ago and it was $2.26. Glad I only needed 250 gallons to top the tank off. If the Garn holds together for a while I won't be buying any more propane for a long time. Only run the clothes drier on propane normally. 

21incher

Sounds like we are really  getting ripped off with the price increase up here on propane. Wonder  if  it's  because most is trucked in to the area. It's  definitely expensive to live in NY but being  near the grandkids is priceless and the only thing that keeps us here. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Southside

The grand kids can't have but so much stuff. Pack em up and move them with you.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Quote from: Southside on October 26, 2021, 08:10:40 PM
That's absolutely insane.
Just wait until yellen gets the unrealized gain tax through
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

I just called 
I use around 400 gal a year
$4.60 a gal
They say it's because I don't use that much  :D
That's why
I have a firewood customer who works for the company told me some folks only pay $1.60 a gal.
In New England we pay more for all our fuel.
I have 30 percent in my 500 gal tank.
I might make half the winter with that.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sprucebunny

The company I've used for many years owns the 320 gallon tank at the 'project' house I bought a year ago. They give a price break at 300 gallons bought at one time. The average person probably doesn't know that a 320 gallon tank only holds 285 gallons so they are never, ever going to get the price break. I mentioned this to them during my conversation last summer to get a better price or a bigger tank and ,voala !, price break LOL
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

21incher

Quote from: mike_belben on October 27, 2021, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: Southside on October 26, 2021, 08:10:40 PM
That's absolutely insane.
Just wait until yellen gets the unrealized gain tax through
That's the day I put sell orders on everything and go to my banks to close out accounts.  Up here house values are dropping with so many  leaving and the pain will mostly be felt  in the south with rising real estate  values. 

We got the delivery  today and they had the cahoneys to add a $12.00 hazmat fee at the end of the bill 😤. Looking for a new dealer in the spring.

Today  I called my Baltic birch plywood supplier to see if I could run down and pick up a couple sheets. I was told they are sold out and not restocking at the current  prices.  The wholesale price has tripled over the last couple  months and they refuse to restock at that price because they don't  want to be stuck with  it at the current pricing if the price drops. It's a unpredictable world these days.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

I think birch plywood 3/4" is $100 a sheet plus 15% tax in these parts. You know what they can do with it. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Just called today to have my tank topped off. Don't really need it yet but would rather not wait for a cold snap and everyone trying to get filled at the same time. We prepaid this summer for $1000 worth at I think $1.29. That price will be good for me until May of next year. If I don't use all of it it will roll over to the prepay price at that time. If for whatever reason the price happens to go bellow $1.29 they lower my cost to current price. If I decide I don't want to use it at all the money is refunded.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

snobdds

I had 3 tanks filled at the ranch last week, got the bill today.  Approximately 1500 gallons of propane at 3.89 a gallon, would have been 4 if not for the bulk discount.  Just over 6k with delivery fees.

500 gallons of diesel at 3.5 a gallon.  $1,750

500 gallons of 91 octane gas at 4.15 a gallon  $2,075

A quick way to drop ten grand...

8)

newoodguy78

gspren

I just called and ordered today, $2.05 gallon, I have a new 500 gallon tank so should take 400 gallon. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

mike_belben

How are you using 500g of 91 before it goes stale?
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

If you're farming you gotta grow $10,000 of food and deliver it besides the equipment costs. I can't say I'd be kicking up my heals in pride over going in the hole and waiting for a government cheque to carry on. I guess that's just recycling to some, communism to others. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Southside

Not all of us farm for the government. They don't send me any money. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

A lot sure do, I'm surrounded by a whole whack of'm. Over night millionaires is one bunch and then there's the hobby bunch making $100,000's in purchases on 2 acres of produce. I grew up on a farm I know when I'm being fed a story. How much does a 130 HP tractor cost now or a 4 wheel drive John Deere combine, 30 feet wide? For a hobby. And cutting 10 acres of beans or corn. Plus the $90,000 pickup and $60,000 SUV. The CAT front end loader to play with a load of gravel now and then and plow snow in the yard. I think there must be money in them hay bales sitting on the boundary line and picked up at 3:00 am. :D

Here's a glimpse into 2011 subsidies in Maine.  Quote: 'From 1995 through 2010, 3,296 farms in Maine received a total of over $60,400,000 in subsidies.'
Agricultural Subsidies | Maine: An Encyclopedia

snobdds

Quote from: mike_belben on October 28, 2021, 03:38:25 AM
How are you using 500g of 91 before it goes stale?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I'm don't, it just depends how often I go snowboarding in the winter.  However 91 octane is ethanol free here and it does last longer. 
Our gas vehicles are all turbo powered these days and require 91.  So it works to just get 91.   

Southside

Oh it's going to get worse, a lot worse if we stay on this track.  There is a proposal gaining ground for the 2023 Farm Bill that will pay farmers $100 / acre for cover cropping and other BMP's.  So basically the govt wants to sent me $45K annually just to do what I do now.  That will drive prices up even more.  Absolute insanity. 

About 20 years ago New Zealand told all of their dairy farmers that the subsidies were stopping because they could not afford them.  Guys were in total panic, it was the end of the world, etc.  Today all the same guys will tell you they would never go back to farming for the government.  

We are not even registered with the FSA, and it ticks them off to no end.  Couple times a year I will get a call or a letter telling me I "must" register with them and complete this survey, etc, "per the law".  One time I asked the local FSA director to show me the law he was quoting, this was a year or two ago - legend has it he is still thumbing through his books trying to find it.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

I know I've never seen the likes of it. 

21incher

The big farms up here get millions every year. Keeps John Deere in business with  new machines every year. The small farms use 50 year old Farmals.  

Well at least gasoline went down at Costco today. Paid $3.189 for 87 octane and $3.449 for 93 octane in the cans. Must be the lowest  price in the area with all the cars in line. Was a dime more 2 weeks ago. The black marine Stabil will keep gas fresh for over a year.

dgdrls

I do the pre-season buy and lock in my price for the year ahead, if I don't use all of it
I get a credit.  I was just over $2.00/Gal

and yes, NY is expensive however,  overall it has treated us well, but later years will be spent elsewhere

D

Jeff

Turns out it wasn't 207 by the time it got here.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

aigheadish

We, in Dayton, paid the price last year for not paying attention to the propane cost. I think it was like 3.69/gallon or something, so that bill, to fill our 500 gallon tank, was a bit of a surprise, being like a thousand bucks more than normal. The wife called the company and now I think we're locked in at like 2.29 or something. 

21incher, want to send me some of that cheap 93? I'm paying around 4.25/gallon to fill my car...
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Thank You Sponsors!