iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hernia

Started by thecfarm, June 25, 2022, 06:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Randy, if you have a inguinal hernia, like I had, you need to get it fixed!! Or at least everyone in my Drs office wanted me to get it fixed.
This all started with my 90 day check up, with my primary Dr. We went through all the normal stuff he goes through, all was good and than he ask me, any aches or pains? So I told him about My Buddy and he knew right off what it was, without even looking at it. An appointment was made for a ultra sound and a hernia Dr about 6 days later. The primary put me on light duty. I went back to work and told the boss and mentioned how it probably happened at work. So off I go to a work Dr I go. That was about 7 days away, so I had to postpone my hernia Dr appointment. Than the work Dr sets me up for an ultra sound about 6 days away,. In the mean time my hernia Dr called and gave me the dickens for the postponement. Than back to the work Dr after about a 6 days wait and my Primary Dr office called and reams me out about what is taking so long!!!
Finally the work Dr confirms it is a hernia and ask me what Dr I want to use to have it fixed. There, finally the ball is rolling and everyone is happy. They all kept telling me, if you fell sick and start to vomit and have diarrhea go to the E room quick, that can burst and go through my body.
So that is my story.
Wife says I am walking better!! I really did not notice it, but it does feel better when I am walking now. I've been taking slow short steps for about a month now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wisconsitom

I remember a week or so after one of my hernia ops, spied 2 5-gal buckets full of stone that were in a dumb spot.

Hey never said I was smart...
Ask me about hybrid larch!

thecfarm

A week has gone by. 
The stiffness is a lot better now. Still have trouble when I drop something. One leg goes straight out behind me so I can reach the floor. That would be my left leg, the side I had operated on.
I am able to get out of bed almost like a normal person. Getting out of a chair is much easier now and getting into a chair is better too.
Still not doing nothing and won't be for a while yet. I do go for short walks, down the driveway and look at all the stuff that needs to be done. 
I tried to walk around the garden, but kinda uneven, and I would correct myself and that would cause a sharp pain. I stay on the driveway now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Two weeks after my double I tried walking up and down the feed alley and feed the baby calves with a 2# bottle of milk, was not a good idea. Really even trying to pick up something dropped isn't a good idea.

Try to slack off and you'll be better for it Ray. Have a great day tho  ;).
Ed K

Peter Drouin

I just saw this post. Take it easy and do what the doc says.
You will be up and moving rocks soon enough.  ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Pain wise, not doing the best.
No way I could go to work and walk the way I have too. Dr. gave me 2 more weeks.
Things are easier, but not great.
I am gaining, one day at a time. 
Still not doing nothing, which is hard, but needs to be done.
 All that work will be there when I get better.  ;)

Magicman

Keep on keeping on Ray. 

I don't remember how long my recovery was, but now days it seems that I don't remember much anyway.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

The work will be there for you when you get better.
The rocks have been there for 100.000.000.000.000.000.
 Years. A week or 2 more will be alright. :D ;) ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Rest up Ray you will be much better when you heal up.
There is always something that needs to be done and can wait.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

I think it's been a month. Much better now. I am returning to work tomorrow. Still on light duty, 15 pounds. But at least I can pick something off the floor without thinking, Now, how am I going to do this?
Work will be only 4 hours a day. I am required to do A LOT of working and standing all day.

Peter Drouin

Good one, Best of luck to you. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

randy d

Well Monday ay 7 AM i go in to get my Hernia fixed.

thecfarm

There, that makes me feel better!!!
I am still on light duty, only working 4 hours a day.
The first few days was kinda hard. I had not been on my feet steady at all. But I am much better now. Still only can lift 15 pounds.  :(  
First of Sept I hope to be up and running.
But and I mean but, I have to feel good.
I had no idea how much pain and discomfort I was having before the operation.
That's how it feels when your bowels are trying to escape through the groin area!!!!

woodroe

Good to hear your recovery is moving along Ray.
Now if you can train yourself to not work like you are still forty years old is the big challenge.
I started tearing muscles and ligaments then needing therapy for that at about 60.
Its hard not to bull when you've always been a bull.
Retirement solved all of those issues.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

kantuckid

Thats a good one! Retirement solving me tearing up my body... :D 
It is tough to go from a hell of a boy to a worn-out old fart though, that I'll agree on. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

randy d

Well I am back home . Surgery went well doc fixed both sides feel good now don't know how tomorrow will be .

thecfarm

Both sides!!!
I did not notice much difference from day one or day 2. But I only had one side done.
Getting out of bed was the worse for me. My wife has bad legs and knees so no way for her to really help.
She probably would have ended up on top of me.  :-*
The office chair was the easiest for me to get up and down. Has arms to lower and raise myself.

randy d

Well got up at 3.0 AM normal time feel great I am taking 1 650 mg Acetaminophen every 8 hours. So so fare so good.  Randy  [the side that I did not know had a hernia hurts the most]

thecfarm

Ed_K

Hey Ray, I guess I shouldn't have said anything. Last friday while getting out of bed I noticed a big bunch just above my belly button. Finally got an app with the VA doc this last friday, yup he says, you got a hernia. I can't believe it, never heard of one above one's belly button. Now waiting on a c-scan to see how bad it is.

I just can't believe I could get a hernia as weak as I am from the cancer. Can't hardly swing a 34 pound 376xp husky around cutting a downed r/oak 7' across and hollow inside.
Ed K

thecfarm

A boss had one of those. 
I talked to many at the store about my hernia. I was shocked how many had one like mine. 
I know nothing about the belly button one. 

nativewolf

Ed it is called an epigastric Or umbilical. They don't know why they develop. Mine just shows up one day.  It has been 3 years and we just watch it, it is not growing.  

Hope you are well, I am slowly recovering from the colon cancer surgery, taking a while to get strength back but I get around ok.  
Liking Walnut

thecfarm

Hope all goes well with that colon cancer.
I am on a 2 week vacation from work!!!
I am taking it kinda easy but easing back into work around here.
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a chainsaw, have not picked one up for months. The lilac will take a trimming when I start the saw.
I feel fine and will go back to lifting grain when I go back to work.

Walnut Beast

Hope you keep up your speedy recovery 💪

nativewolf

Quote from: thecfarm on August 31, 2022, 08:41:39 AM
Hope all goes well with that colon cancer.
I am on a 2 week vacation from work!!!
I am taking it kinda easy but easing back into work around here.
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a chainsaw, have not picked one up for months. The lilac will take a trimming when I start the saw.
I feel fine and will go back to lifting grain when I go back to work.
I found the colon cancer surgery much less painful than the 1 hernia repair I had.  It's why I am in no hurry to do the other hernia nor the epigastric hernia.  
Glad to hear you doing some lite work, careful as you get back to work.  Watch body position, wear brace if they suggest it, etc.  
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!