iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Universal setworks

Started by timberjack 450, August 13, 2022, 07:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack 450

Is it possible to buy a universal setworks to install on my bandsaw mill. It is already fully hydraulic.
90 450 Timberjack, JD 650 G dozer, Hitachi 120 excavator, 2400 morbark chipper, 85 Western star log truck,and a 22-22 Blockbuster processor
Almost forgot, and a very patient woman

Den-Den

I very much doubt there is such a thing as a universal set-works.  A set-works is a system of sensors, actuators, user-interface and controller.  The actuators for different mills would have to be different, which forces the software to be different.  I suppose a system could be developed with a number of options that could be adapted to almost any mill.  The biggest issue I see with that is finding people to install and service them.
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

fluidpowerpro

I came up with my own design that could probably be adapted to other mills. It allows you to select pre-determined board thicknesses. If your mechanically inclined and can do some control wiring, you could build something similar. If you want to look at it you can check out photos in my profile gallery. There is also a link to a video in the thread I did about my build.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

rusticretreater

This previous thread on the forum also discusses available set ups.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=77427.0

You can also search on the web.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

halderman

Yes- to your question several companies build setworks.  My Thompson controls touch screen setworks was taken out by lightning 2 years back, they're not around any longer I bought a similar controller from Helle, it reads the heads position from a encoder that Helle provided, nice unit- 2 memories for grade sawing, 8 cants & 8 sets.  If you want something basic, call Cook's Saw I think they'll sell you one.  The setworks just needs power in and the correct voltage going to your hydraulic solenoid valve and the encoder connection, pretty simple. 

Thank You Sponsors!