iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Computer Desk

Started by Ianab, July 15, 2006, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Just got this desk finished for Lil's work office. They wanted a desk / shelf / filing cabinet  sort of set up that would handle all their office clutter.

It didn't have to be dainty.. which is good.. I dont build dainty  :D

Start out with a bit of prescision crosscutting  ;D

Then set up the slabs under the mill to rip a straight edge.

Now switch to the router to face and edge joint the slabs ready to glue together.

Even getting technical and checking for squareness  ;)

The 2 slabs will fit together like this - the problem of one being shorter than the other will be hidden by the final design  ::)

We then hauled all the bits to their new home and finsihed / assembled things on site.

A bit of filler, some sanding and a couple of coats of poly later.

With the shelf units (that hide the shorter part of the table)    ;)

All assembled in the office.

It's too big to get in one photo now that it's in the office  :D

Anyway.. thats what I've been doing with my spare time lately.. best part.. it's actually a paying job  ;D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thurlow

Way cool ;).  What kind of wood it is? (as we ask around here)  A boy who's never been further away from home than across the road wouldn't recognize a NZ species..................
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Ianab

Strangely enough.. it is a Nth American species  ;)

Monterey Cypress (macrocarpa). I dont think it's considered a timber tree in it's native part of the world, but the ones that were planted over here grow real huge and often produce some really nice timber.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

steverina

i have a mac dining table beutifull wood my mate and i are slabbing macs at the moment and every slab that comes of we rave over will post some pics if i can borrow me grandsons camera :)
steve-erina
smile through the tears

Thank You Sponsors!