iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oregon chain with no teeth?

Started by Dave Shepard, January 13, 2008, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I had the number for it, but have lost it. Anyone know where to get it? I just set up another Log Wizard, and ground all the teeth off of the chain for safety sake, what a pain. Thanks.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sawguy21

Oregon does not list it, you probably need to contact the tool manufacturer. I checked the Hudson site but could not find an IPL.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

I've got a suggestion:  Why not make a shield for your straight bar similar to those found on the Bow Bars?

That way, you wouldn't have to destroy a chain to use a debarker.  That Log Wizard is a great tool.  Most who use it find that it is convenient to have part of the bar accessible to use for trimming limbs and consider it two tools in one.   Still, if you are leary of the chain, a shield would work even better than the chain with no cutters.  All of your moving parts, except for the planer head, would be contained.  :)

solodan

I have bought cutterless chain from Bailey's. They can make up any length you need. :)

Kevin

I searched Bailey's but didn't see it.

Dave Shepard

Perhaps it is a special request? Probably not worth the time to catolog it. They sell Log Wizards and I believe chainsaw winches too, so it makes sense that the would have it, they have a ton of stuff, that's for sure! The chain I have will last a while. Tom, I have thought of a sheild as well, just need a round tuit, that's all. I have used the Wizard for some trimming, but I often have to take blocks off of logs due to mismanufacturing, so I also keep a saw with a 20" bar handy, as the Wizard is a bit limited. Thanks for the input.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stonebroke

Baileys says that they have 90 different kinds of Oregon chain. Also they say if you don't see it in the catalog call up and ask.

Stonebroke

Tom

It's just a guess, but, Bailey's has recently gone through a catastrophy with the loss of their founder.  I wonder as I read all of the changes taking place there if there aren't some growing pains taking place or maybe even some power struggles.  It may end up being a totally different company than we are used to.

Dave Shepard

I hope you are wrong, Tom. I would hate to see Bailey's change too much. It is a company that has set itself apart from the crowd. Time will tell.

Dave

solodan

They have it, you just have to call. They have lots of stuff that is not in their catalog. If they had to list all the saw parts and such, they would have to make the catalog 10 times thicker.  ??? 
I still deal with Bailey's quite a bit, and they have top notch service. :) I am confident that the Bailey's will continue to run their family business as they have in the past. The family has always seemed to get through their tough times before, without effecting their business. :)  If someone on the other end of the line can not answer your question or request, they will usually find someone who can, and call you back asap.  :)

Jim Spencer

I saw this on Baileys a couple days ago.
I think it was an Oregon chain sold by Baileys.
It was online in the chain sale area.

DonT

I have used a stihl rescue saw.It has a retactable shield that allows the user to expose as much of the tip as the require.This type of set-up might work well with a log wizzard.

Al_Smith

If you are looking for something not listed in Baileys catalog or not on their site,get ahold of Greg Grande. I don't know if he is on this site but is on many going by "Grande dog". He may have an e-mail through Baileys .

This guy is a parts wizard and I do believe he can find just about any thing related to saws if the item is available any where.

Kevin

If I wanted to enhance my business I would be looking in here on a daily basis.

Oregon Engineer

Dave Shepard,

OREGON cutterless chain is designated with a "W" after the numbers.

What is the chain pitch?
How many drive links are in your loop of chain?
What numbers are on the drive links?

Oregon Engineer

Here are two places to get the cutterless saw chain for a Logwizard.

http://www.loghomestore.com/tools-chainsaw.shtml#Cutterless%20Chain

http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?skw=cutterless&PageNo=1&x=19&y=17

Before you order you will need to determine your chain pitch, number of drive links, and thickness of the drive link (or know the number on the drive link).

Thank You Sponsors!