iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Contest Announcement! We have a winner!

Started by Jeff, March 03, 2008, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

A NEW CONTEST FOR ALL REGISTERED FORESTRY FORUM MEMBERS!
(Click here for registration application to join the Forestry Forum!)

I'm sure many of you are aware of the new T.V. series called "Ax Men" premiering  Sunday evening, March 9th at 10:PM eastern time on the History Channel.  Maybe less of you realize that one of the Logging crews featured on the series, Stump-Branch Logging, is represented here by Forestry Forum members Mindy and Stump-Branch Logging owner brushape.

Together, the Forestry Forum and Mindy have put together a contest that will run the length of the first season. We will have a prize each week, and a special prize drawing the week the last new episode runs. All together, about 13 contests. Actually its one big contest, because each week adds to the next. In a little while, I'll be placing a link below to within the Forestry Forum where members will learn the details and how to enter.  :)

Many of the prizes will be coming from the Stump Branch Logging Store you can check it out at
http://www.stumpbranchlogging.com/store/

Prizes provided by:  Stump-Branch Logging, Logrite Tools and the Forestry Forum

LINK TO CONTEST INFORMATION 

GOOD LUCK MEMBERS!

Note to winners:  Stump Branch prizes takes about 4 weeks to deliver. Other prizes such as Logrite stuff or Forum hats ship usually the day after the contest.

Winners:
Week one:  Roxie    Week Two: deeker
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Quote from: Mindy on March 03, 2008, 01:51:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Today Melvin, along with other Ax Men, is flying out to LA.  They will all be doing interviews with various shows throughout the week.  The big one will be Jimmy Kimmel Live on Thursday March 6th.  Jimmy Kimmel airs on ABC at 12:05am.  I bet those of you in Canada can get that show!  Its a little late for me so I'll be taping.

Talk to you soon,
Mindy

Gilman

Lets fire up the contest, I just finished watching the 1st episode.  8)  Good show.

You can watch it early if you have Comcast HD.  It's under  On Deman/HD/News/History channel
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Jeff

The Contest has officially began!

Part_Timer

I have to check my notes when I get home but just wanted to say that it was a great show.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

ADAMINMO

Jeff,

It won't let me get a registration app. I click to get one and it goes to the Forestry forum link with all the boards? Am I doing someting wrong?
ADAMINMO

Jeff

Yea, you are. You are clicking the link to register as a new member of the Forestry Forum. :) 

Click on the link in the next post down. :)

Brad_S.

This is about the only time I wish I had cable. :(
About the only other time would have been to catch "The Soprano's" ending so I knew what everyone was talking about. ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thecfarm

I don't think you missed much with The Soprano's.You should be able to rent that now.Shows how much I am interested in it.I have no idea.But this Ax Men you are missing out on.They log a whole differant way than what we are use to.There is a link to buy the series on one of the posts here.I feel it would be worth $80 or so to get it,if you can't watch it.I have a satilite TV.No cable where I am.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I think the series can be purchased for $40 for the 13 episodes, but it won't ship until July, well after the first run season ends.

Jeff

Week one's Scores have been tabulated, and a winner drawn from this weeks high scores. :)

Contest will be reset after the airing of episode two, later tonight. :)

CONGRATS ROXIE!    8) 8)

Send me your shipping address and Hoodie sweatshirt size you want.  Your prizes will be coming from 3 different directions. :)   One from Stump Branch logging. One from the FOrestry Forum and one From Logrite Tools. :)

sgtmaconga

WAY TO GO Roxie  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Measure twice cut once

deeker

Congrats Roxie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Oh, I wear XL.
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

beenthere

Roxie...You da Ax wo-man 8) 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

farmerdoug

Way to go, Roxie, way to go. 8) 8) 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Week Two's questions are now up.  :)

Faron

Hey Jeff, it won't let me enter my answers. :( ;)  It says my name has already been used and to select another name.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Diesel Smoke

God I wish I was in the states so that I could watch this. Being deployed sucks!  :-\

Jeff

Quote from: Faron on March 17, 2008, 12:56:56 AM
Hey Jeff, it won't let me enter my answers. :( ;)  It says my name has already been used and to select another name.

You have to enter with the exact username and email as you did the week before.  I'm sending you in an instant message how you entered contest one.

thecfarm

A brand new member,welcome to the forum Diesel Smoke.Being deployed,service? What branch?Where are you?You will be able to buy the series on DVD from the history channel.Make a great birthday,Christmas present.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Thank you sooooooo much!!   8) 8)  Wow!  I'm thrilled! 

Thank you Stump Branch Logging!!
Thank you Logrite!!
Thank you Forestry Forum!!
Thanks all y'all for the congrats!!! 

The Ax wo-man will now email Jeff with all pertinent information!   8)
Say when

digger

Congrats Roxie, and thankyou Diesel Smoke. smiley_beertoast

Jeff

Roxie, your pertinent info has been mailed to the pertinent people (Mindy at Stump-Branch and Kevin at Logrite)  and Tammy is boxing up your hat as I type. :)

SwampDonkey

Congrats Roxie on the contest winnings.

Well, since I've no 'Ax Men', I gotta watch something. So...........I guess it's the Bio on Leonard Bernstein on PBS.

Pascale, you watching to?  ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!