iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TF Workshop Nov. 6 & 7, 2010 in Southern Wisc. Updated 11/10/10 with pics

Started by Rooster, September 10, 2010, 09:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

An introduction to square-rule timber-framing workshop was offered Nov. 6 & 7, 2010 near Janesville Wisc.  This workshop was for participants who might have been interested in "cutting their teeth" on a small frame.

They helped us break in a new indoor woodshop!

Spring 2011 workshop will be posted at a later date.

Please PM or email for more info.

Rooster
saveabarn@yahoo.com
920-728-0353
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

jander3

I just signed up for the workshop.  Craig promised to help me take the mystery out of an English Tie Joint.  See you there!

Rooster

Just to clarify...

The English tie joint isn't exactly "introduction" to framing.

So, it will be part of the Saturday Night Timber "Jam" Session! smiley_smash...Where our motto will be,

"Gotta be smarter than the wood!"

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

Rooster

Rooster

Hey Gang,

We have a full class!  Thanks to everyone who is participating, and to Brad_bb for helping out with the workshop.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Rooster
920-7285-0353
saveabarn@yahoo.com
Mike Rowe

Rooster

jander3

I took Rooster's class over the weekend.  We had an great time, learned some new techniques, and really enjoyed ourselves.  I also had the opportunity to meet a number of forum members...Brad, Craig, and Mike.

If you are interested in an introduction to timber framing, I understand that Craig Roost will be offering a similar class in the spring. For those located in the Midwest, you can't go wrong with this class.

Below are a few photos from this weekend.  

More photos and information at www.peelinglogs.blogspot.com

Brad_bb

I helped Rooster with the class.  I thought it went very well.  It was a lot to squeeze in, in two days, but we got it done without totally overloading the students I believe.  Plus we got some cutting in.  I think everyone enjoyed it, and the food was great.  The restored barn, now a beautiful music studio and carriage house with loft was great to be in, let alone being a great teaching tool.  Just fooling around demonstrating peg making with a draw knife, I made a peg and a hole in a piece of scrap as a checker.  Then it was like putting chocolate and peanut butter together, and whala!  Now we have the "Lil' bigger mallet!"
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!