iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first boards cut!

Started by countryjonez, June 10, 2011, 11:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryjonez

today i finally got my new lt10 set up.i have had it for about a month sitting in the shed with no time to set it up.the set up was harder then i thought,and the moter was shipped with oil,bad news. somewhere along the way it was turned upside down. it ruined the filter,and the carb needed cleaned. minor things,all in all it went smooth. i got to saw a couple small logs to practice. cant believe how easy it goes through the wood. i am impressed. first log was a little walnut,the next was an ash,and then for fun a slabbed some oak firewood up.the wheels are turning now. this will fit my obsessive personality very well.thanks to everyone with all the time spent answering questions.and all the good things said about woodmizers customer sevice also was true. i cant hardly wait until tomorrow to play some more.will post pics soon. did anyone consider saving there first sawn board,i am so proud i want to hang it up on the wall.ha ha thanks again to all.
If God be for us who can be against us ?

WDH

You should absolutely make something from that first board.  I wish that I did, but it is much too late now  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Congrats Country! 8) 8)  It is a thrill to see that first mill actually producing something after all of the anticipation!

It is sort of a loose tradition for new sawyers to save their first board.  I still have mine. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Buck

Get yourself a tally book going and keep up with bd ft. It probably doesnt mean a lot to you now but will as you grow with your mill. Nothing like "knocking the jacket off"(Logdog quote) a log and seeing whats inside.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

paul case

i still got my first one too. somewhere in the walls of this house!
good to hear you are up and running. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Carpenter

Congratulations on getting the new mill running!  I still have my first board.  I plan to use it somewhere in my new shop when I get it built.  Or else just hang it up in the shop.  Just to remind myself of what I went through to get that first board and the accomplishment to finally get it.  A guy needs that every once in a while.

bandmiller2

Jonez,congrats.When I set up my first circular mill in 82 I saved my first board a 1/4" test cut, alas its lost to time.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

Congratulations on making your first lumber!

Yes, WM customer service is second-to-none, great bunch of guys!

I still have my first board, it's a 1x4x8 White Pine and it's hanging on the back wall in my garage along with a 1x4x8 sample of each species of logs that I've sawn over the years.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Oh what a feeling. I have friends that have no idea about a first board on a mill. That's why I come here. Nothing but smiles for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red pine

Hoping to follow in your footsteps shortly Countryjonez. My Timberking should be arriving soon. Since my first cut will be for my cabin, I will have 1st. 2nd. 3rd. boards etc hanging in my cabin.  8)

Weekend_Sawyer

I made something from my first board. I made a tile and gave it to Jeff to hang on his shed. I think you should too. I even wrote on mine that it was my first.  8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations on the new mill. I understand the excitement. My Wife says sawing a log is like unwrapping a Christmas Present.  If I can be of any help please let me know.

Bill
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

cutterboy

Oh the joy!!! Your first board off your mill is almost as good as your first kiss. The board you can keep forever, but the kiss is only a memory. :D

Congradulations Country, the fun has just started.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Woodchuck53

Congradulations CountryJ. Your ruint now. Theres no turning back now. Have fun, stay safe and pass your excitement on. We have to teach the little ones coming along behind us.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

customsawyer

Yes I think it is safe to say that the bug has sunk its teeth into him. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

tomsteve

i've seen people frame the 1st dollar made with a new business, so why not with the 1st board???

Thank You Sponsors!