iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off topic

Started by etat, April 19, 2004, 10:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

At a certain college there was a professor with a reputation for being tough on Christians. At the first class, every semester, he asked if anyone was a Christian and proceeded to degrade them and to mock their statement of faith.
One semester, he asked the question and a young man raised his hand. The professor asked, "Did God make everything young man?"

He replied "Yes sir he did!"
The professor responded, "IF God made everything, then he made evil."

The student didn't have a response and the professor was happy to once again proved the Christian faith to be a myth.
Then another man raised his hand and asked, "May I ask you something, sir?"

"Yes, you may," responded the professor.
The young man stood up and said, "Sir, is there such a thing as cold?"

"Of course there is, what kind of a question is that? Haven't you ever been cold?"
The young man replied, "Actually, sir, cold doesn't exist. What we consider to be cold, is really an absence of heat. Absolute zero is when there is absolutely no heat, but cold does not really exist. We have only created that term to describe how we feel when heat is not there."

The young man continued, Sir, is there such a thing as dark?"
Once again the professor responded, "Of course there is."

And once again, the student replied, "Actually, sir, darkness does not exist. Darkness is really only the absence of light. Darkness is only a term developed to describe what happens when there is no light present."
Finally, the young man asked, "Sir, is there such a thing as evil?"
The professor responded, "Of course, we have rapes, murders and violence everywhere in the world, Those thing are evil."

The student replied, "Actually, sir, evil does not exist. Evil is simply the absence of God. Evil is a term developed to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. It isn't like truth, or love which exist as virtues like heat or light. Evil is simply the state where God is not present, like cold without heat, or darkness without light."
The professor had nothing to say.................
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

DextorDee

Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Jeff

Thats not off topic. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

;) Not off topic at all  :) ;D

'tis a general board :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

shopteacher

Off topic, heck no that's just another great submission by CK.
Now this is off topic. I see some folks have put up pictures of themselves when way younger and I have pondered doing the same and giving Old Butch a break.  However, seeing as how Old Butch and me started out pretty much at the same time here on the forum I hesitate to forgo him for another picture.
So I decided to add a baby pcture and see if'n you folks would like it better than ol Butch. So here it is. What do ya think? ;D

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

etat

Shopteacher, that's a powerful pretty baby picture, I can see why yer so proud of it, being so handsome and all.  But now you take Ole Butch, heck we done got so used to seeing his picture on yer post, well, somehow it wouldn't seem right if you changed it.  Now like I said too, we don't want to hurt Ole Butches feelings.  What Id do if I was you would be to take that mighty handsome baby picture and HIDE it so's nobody else can get their hands on it or try to steal it or something.  If I was you, I'd hide it GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

shopteacher

Ya know CK it was rough being a baby with looks like that.  Why I remember being born and catching a glimpse of myself in the round mirror thingy on the doctors head and right away I figured I was in trouble and had better come up with a plan right quick.  So as the doctor and nurse were relishing my arrival I put my new little brain to work.  I figured all I had to work with was that beautiful god given mouth and I had to make the most of it. I planed my strategy right quick and waited. With her head turned away the  nurse handed me over to mom who as any new mother would put me to breast to suckle. Here was my chance. I latched on like a Hoover and the doctor told dad, who was all for throwing me back, that the only way to part me was by mastectomy. well Dad was having none of that. That how I survived and made it home from the hospital.  ::)
   Yea, I think your right about Ol Butch though, he kind of grows on ya.

etat

Shopteacher, I hear you on the 'beautiful mouth', AND the brains part too.  It's really hard on us people that have problems just because they  are so good looking, and have got a ton of brains to boot.  Why, I have that same problem myself and have been fighting with it all my life. These folks  have got to admit, it's truly amazing to meet someone that far away that just as good looking and as smart as you and I are.  I hope we don't hurt none of their feelings. They'll just have to understand that we can't help being that smart and good looking. :)

J_T

Ck you and Shopteacher got any idia how hard it is to sit at a key board with hip boots on ??? My vote is Butch ;D I even talk to him sometime :D :D
Jim Holloway

shopteacher

Well, I'm just glad them good looks and quick thinking have stayed with me all these years. :D  Haven't changed much from the baby picture. Maybe a little less hair.  You know CK  I'll just bet Duh Duane was a good looking baby too and you'se can tell from his posts he's a smart one.  ;D

JT: Butch really appreciates your vote and he even talks back but I don't allow him at the key board.  Jeff don't allow them words Ole Butch would type ya. :D :D

etat

Well gosh  Shop, I was thinking the same thing about Duane.  There ya go again, GREAT MINDS working exactly alike.  You know what I think is amazing.  When you consider the fact that we are so smart and good looking to boot, is the fact that it hasn't ever went to our head.  I guess we're just too modest 8) 8) 8).

shopteacher

I hear ya Ck. I just can't bring my self to boast about my accomplishments and such and I can tell youse the same way. We should probably go into therapy and let them doc's build up our confidence enough to brag a little now and then.. Guess I rather just keep it bottle up inside. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!