iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And Y'all Wonder Why I Laugh So Much!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 24, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I know, this sounds like a joke.....but I got pics.  :D

A Guy from India calls last week...."You got 21 Water Oak boards?"
Well hoot....right off the bat, I'm laughing my bass off.

"You saw me some Water Oak boards so I can build a table?"
I tell him, Yes Sir. So I give him a price and saw the boards.

I called him Monday to tell him his 21 Water Oak boards were ready to be picked up.
He said he would get them today.

Now.....I'm sawing another job and Rashis pulls up in a Honda Accord. I'm thinking, here I go again. Another small car and 21 / 12 foot Water Oak boards.

I ask him was he gonna put the boards in his car. He says..."NO, no, no.....I rent Truck".

About that time, this HUGE tree removal truck comes 40 miles to my mill to pick up 21 Water Oak Boards.
I said, Rashis, is that the truck you rented? Yep.
By now....I got tears coming out my eyes and my side is killing me.

I have loaded a lot of boards in a small car but never had a HUGE truck pick up 21 Water Oak Boards.  :D :D :D

See my Picture?  :D :D :D He paid me and left, following his 21/ 1 X 8 X 12 and a few 1x4x12 Water Oak Boards just a smiling and waving.

* I talked to the driver.....trucks rent for $100.00 an hour.  :o

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DanG

That fellow may have more money than sense, but that is one NICE truck!! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Chuck White

I agree with DanG, nice truck and all, but as long as ya get what ya asked for out of the deal, "what the heck"!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

He could have rented a pick-up at Home Depot for $19.95 for a whole day.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

Thanks Rashis, now I feel less dumber than I did five minutes ago!  :D

Nomad

The heck with the water oak.  When is he gonna come back for some of that "highly valuable walnut?"
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

hackberry jake

You'd think he would have a friend with a pickup that would haul em for free... sounds like something I would get conned into anyways.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

NWP

I'd like to get some of those kind of hauling jobs.  ;D
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

drobertson

Poor man poor ways, shouldn't laugh, there's more to rich than money,   
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Cedar Savage

He'll prolly build a really nice table......
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

GAmillworker

You should have delivered it for $50. an hour.  Always ask more questions!!!!
Thank the Lord for second chances

Peter Drouin

Some people just have money to spend, he will give the oak to the guy that's going to build it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Quote from: nomad on September 24, 2013, 06:45:28 PM
     The heck with the water oak.  When is he gonna come back for some of that "highly valuable walnut?"

I know where he can get some for only $80,000/MBF on the stump  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Nomad

Quote from: WDH on September 25, 2013, 08:05:54 AM
Quote from: nomad on September 24, 2013, 06:45:28 PM

I know where he can get some for only $80,000/MBF on the stump  :D.

I recall that thread.  You should urge him to call that seller.  The result of that is sure to cause somebody to have a heart attack. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

sawguy21

:D Go big or go home!!! I hope the grapple didn't mark the boards.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tim Lea

MRowsh

Please keep in mind that some of the Indians here are not from middle class families that we know !!
I have been there,  and in some cases, I saw about 5 servants in their homes doing all the work for them.
In this case, he possibly will not touch the wood himself at all.

Hopefully he send all his friends to you for more wood.
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

taylorsmissbeehaven

That is great! Thanks for the pics. I hope he sends all his friends your way. That's the best part of having a mill. You never know who will knock at the door or what they will have with them. You got paid and had a good laugh, he got his wood so all are happy. Alls well that ends well! Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

bama20a

How many Motels & Service Station's does he own? ;D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

barbender

I have a friend who is originally from Bangladesh, he is just a working class guy he is in IT for a corporation. I could totally see him doing something like this, he is HYPER! He's helped me on a few of my building projects, and he's one of those guys you want to have some busy work for to keep him out of trouble :D I remember one time, I had him stapling up housewrap. He was complaining about the stapler, I watched him work for a bit and realized he had it facing backwards, so the staples were flying out and hitting him in the face :D My wife and I got a good chuckle out of that, in fact she watched him do it for quite a while :D
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

He might be saying to his friends,I find this guy that saws lumber,he has no idea the price of stuff. You should see what I got.   Who knows. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ScottAR

Let's stand back and look at this a minute.
Fella got what he ordered and paid promptly.  Showed up with a truck that could do the job. (and how!)
Fella appeared to be happy with what he got, your happy to have the money, and the truck owner is happy he got a gravy haul.   All I see here is happy.  A good day even.  Carry on. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

scully

I will never ever say I have seen it all ever again !
I bleed orange  .

sealark37

"I am telling you, my very good friend.  Deese peoples do not know the difference between the dollars you make and the real thing.  Please send me another bundle as quickly as possible.  I plan to buy a great deal of stuff before they wise up.  Do you need anything from WallyWorld?"

terrifictimbersllc

Thinking Poston is a funny guy and that water wood was just an excuse to go to his mill.  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!