iDRY Vacuum Kilns

new banner issue

Started by Ga Mtn Man, October 26, 2014, 10:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Jeff,

I imagine you're already aware of this but I'll report it anyway.  The member banner is on top of the "In Remembrance...etc" links and the little arrow to the right is non-functional.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Jeff

I would say that means you have a very old, very low resolution monitor. Please send me a screenshot to my email.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ga Mtn Man

It is old but not very old.  It is a non-widescreen, LCD flat screen.  How do I take a screen shot?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Jeff

If it is over 4 years old, in internet age, that is like being born in the 1930's.  ;)If you don't know how to take a screen shot, it could take ions to explain it depending on your system. I'm better off knowing what browser you are using, what version, and what your monitor display resolution is. Did you try can just refresh your screen?

I can try to fix it, but honestly, unless it is something that is effecting a lot of systems, its better to just move on.

beenthere

QuoteHow do I take a screen shot?

I click on "Print Screen" and then go to "Paint" and paste (Ctl-V) and then save that image to a .jpg file. Easy to do if you have the basic system, IIRC.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

Quote from: Jeff on October 26, 2014, 04:35:19 PM
If it is over 4 years old, in internet age, that is like being born in the 1930's.  ;)

So what does that make my Dell that I bought in 2008??  It has had a couple of keyboards replaced thanks to my bulldog, and one hard drive so far, the guy added some RAM for me too, but otherwise she runs like a champ. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ga Mtn Man

I figured out (with beenthere's advise) how to take a screen shot but it would seem that it's a moot point.  Nice fix Jeff. :)

Jeff

Those links in the top for the remembrance and the find a database needed to be moved. They were left over from another format. They can be found under the "extras" link on the menu bar.

LeeB

It seems to make some differrence which browser/version you are using also. The banner appers in different locations at the top of the page on my laptop than it does my work computer. Not an issue to me, just thought I would mention it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

It may or may not be in different locations Lee. I've been moving it around a bunch trying to get it to work for all systems, It actually may appear in different locations, or you may have just caught me working on it. :)  It probably seems pretty simplistic to stick a banner up there, but its really not.

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for telling us where you move that "find a database" to, I tell people all the time to come here and use that to find a sawyer/lumber supplier/timber maker in their area when they ask me how to find someone to help them.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

I may do some more menu work in the future to try and organize better. I also have plans for coming up with a better system for the find a database as well as the knowledge base this winter.

LeeB

I'm pretty sure it moved with the change of browsers. I could go from my lap top to my desk and right back to my laptop and it would be in a different spot. Pretty much centered or near to it on my work desk and in the left hand corner on my lap top next to the forum logo. Noticed it on more than one occasion, but then I just went and checked and now they're both the same. Maybe I'm just slipping off the bench.
smiley_whacko
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Jeff on October 28, 2014, 08:25:16 AM
It may or may not be in different locations Lee. I've been moving it around a bunch trying to get it to work for all systems, It actually may appear in different locations, or you may have just caught me working on it. :)  It probably seems pretty simplistic to stick a banner up there, but its really not.

I always suspected that Jeff was messin' with  us.  All part of his evil plan. smiley_devil