iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Jointer

Started by Bill Gaiche, December 15, 2014, 11:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

I got a call that my Jointer that I ordered was in. Was told that it would be here about Feb. Went to Springfield and picked it up. Got the new Byrd head install and set up today. Sure like it. bg

Left Coast Chris

I have the same (8") and just love it.  Always careful to use the push handles/pads that came with it though.   So far it has never grabbed a board or anything unexpected.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

WDH

You are really going to love it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Yes indeed. You will like it. I surely like mine.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Larry

Have they sold the kitchen table yet? :)

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

pine

Nice unit.  You should have good throughput with it.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Where did you see this Larry? In Georgia?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Larry

In the Grizzly showroom in Springfield Missouri...maybe that's why it hasn't sold yet.  Its been there since they opened some 15 years ago.

I should explain a little also...I was trying to be funny.  They have a little display with this dining room set and a bunch of wood turnings.  All of it is superb, excellent, high end work and gives me inspiration to try harder.  Even though the stuff has been in there a long time, every time I go in the store I spend a good half hour just studying the joinery.  There is so much work in the dining room set I'm sure its a bargain at $29,000.  I would love to have it in my dining room but I would have to build a new house to do it justice.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bill Gaiche

Larry, yip, its still there. It is a table for Kings and Queens. It is an impressive piece of work to say the least. bg

submarinesailor

Bill,

What made you go with the G0490 instead of the G0656.  Been looking at the 656 for a while.

Bruce

hackberry jake

MMMM Spiral Cutterhead MMMM  food6
I hear spiral cutterheads are kind of like cocaine and big screen tvs. You are just fine without it until you try it... Then you can't go back.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

LeeB

Not so. I gave the nose candy many many years ago. Wide screen and spiral cutter are a different story though.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bill Gaiche

submarinesailor, I liked the longer bed and the quick change on board depth. Also go a $100.00 off if I ordered it at the time I was at there store. Also got $63.00 off of the Byrd cutter head. bg

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

WDH, yes I have. Joined some sycamore for a vanity, a mirror and some cypress for a shoe rack. I think I will keep it and sell my 6" one. bg

Thank You Sponsors!