iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planning for the garden...

Started by Paschale, February 16, 2005, 11:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

It all sounds fun to me ! I look at all the pictures from the seed catalogs this time of year . I taught my 13 year old nephew how to grow a nice garden when he was 7 years old and helped him make a roadside stand and I will never forget the smile on his face when he checked his money box that I bolted to his portable stand and he seen dollar bills in it. He found a nitch market in sweet corn,pumpkins and winter squash and now has 5 grand saved up for college but he loves what he does growing and selling .I didnt force him to keep the weeds out but I proved to him that a clean garden means more $$$ in his pocket so he likes to play store keeper I guess .  I have never tried the heirloom stuff myself yet, vine crops go in memorial weekend around here , labor day weekend vine crops better be close to mature. Good luck with these heirloom varieties they sure sound yummy !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Paschale

Unclebuck,

Sounds like a great thing you did for your nephew!  13 with $5,000 in the bank...that's what I call a self starter if I ever heard of one!  I was just talking to a good friend the other day about the high cost of tuition--this person basically feels that everyone's entitled to a free education, since it's so stinkin' expensive nowadays (which is true), but I told her that I believe there are always creative ways for those who are willing to take the initiative and make it happen for themselves.  This is a perfect example!  You're teaching your nephew some valuable lessons!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!