iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got that call today you never want.

Started by BargeMonkey, May 06, 2021, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Well you can buy him a hard hat, but I don't suppose you could make him wear it. I admire the old guys that have to work and can't sit around. I aspire to be one myself, but at some point they have to take on safer habits. I know I am being a lot more cautious with things that can kill me. I hope he can too, he has family to think about after all. Older fellas heal slower too. AT least I do. I wish him the best, but wear a hard hat man!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

My dad never wore a hard hat or chaps or safety glasses when cutting wood. But never said a word when I did.  ;D  He grew up cutting wood on The Farm too. I did not suggest he should wear safety gear when cutting wood. I knew better.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Yes. I listen to him on how he does things, but make no attempts to tell him how he should do something. Hell. He's made it to 83. He retired from traveling sears repair man. Yup, a maytag repair man. He was also a hot rodder and body man and has always burned wood. He's done a lot of things, and if you come to the pig roast and he gets your ear, he will tell you stories as long as you care to listen.  I dearly miss Tammy's dad, but Gene has filled in adequately until we see Bob agIn one day.  

Oh, I think he is healed up from droping his garden tractor on himself a few months ago when it slipped in the chainfalls he used to lift it to change a belt.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

A story that comes to mind....
My Father was having cancer treatments. I went to pick him up. I went into his room and the Dr. was there to release him to go home. That went well until the nurse came in with a wheel chair. Had to use a wheel chair to get him to the front entrance, could not walk to it. Well my Father said, I don't need no DanG wheel chair and headed for the door!! Nurse stands there and said to me, "He can't do that", as he is walking away. I looked at her and said, you tell him that, I have to catch up with him.  :D  

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!