iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 540GIII Air conditioning issue

Started by TheDirt, May 26, 2021, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirt

Lost my A/C the other day, the compressor is not cooling the line out, tried recharging at the port on the compressor but after a few seconds it blew freon out of the relief valve. I'm assuming that means the system is not low on refrigerant and i was overfilling it. I've heard that these systems can be costly to fix, I don't know much at all about A/C systems, if anyone has had any expierience with these I'd appreciate the input! thanks!

tamarackman

I have no knowledge of the ac system in the 540G or any other skidder. But I have fixed a few too many car ac systems. If the pressure is good then the next thing to check is the clutch. Is it engaging or not. Sometimes the clutch will freeze up in the off position (not used during the winter time). Other times, the clutch material becomes thinner making it unable to get good contact. On some cars, it's just a matter of either taking it apart to free it up or removing spacers to get the clutch to move in closer. 

kiko

If freon was charged on top of air in the system that would cause high side pressure to spike. There is a high pressure switch that should kill the clutch before the relief valve opens.  A set of gauges is necessary to diagnose.  If you have gauges share the readings.

chevytaHOE5674

X2 what Kiko said. You need a set of gauges to properly diagnose and charge an AC system.

Hogdaddy

The only problem I have with skidder AC, is that i dont have any... :). joking, hope you get it figured out
If you gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly!

Thank You Sponsors!