iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mill HN 126 with 14 HP engine the drive belt rolls kicking the blade

Started by FarmerRon72, September 06, 2021, 11:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmerRon72

I have had my Woodland Mill HM 126 with a 14 HP engine for about 2 months. It has been working great until it was cutting wavy boards. So, I found out that the blade guides were lifted and out of spec made the adjustments and was cutting better and then started the waves again. I looked at my belts and noticed that the blade was resting on the band wheels drive and follower. So, I decided to replace the belts. Once I completed the belt replacement and adjusting the drive belt to 1/4" deflection I reinstalled the blade and ensured the blade guides were set correctly. The blade is under 25 ft/lb of torque rotated the follower wheel by hand everything seemed correct started the mill up and ran it for about 20 secs and the blade popped off the drive wheel towards the back. I thought it was a blade adjustment issue so sent a tech support email at Woodland Mills they got back to me right away with additional procedure on adjusting the drive and follower wheel that isn't in the operator's manual. Today I made the adjustments to the drive and follower wheels with no change with the belt issue. I notice that the drive belt rolls from the tensioner pulley to the drive wheel, which kicks off the band blade to the back on the drive side. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

v/r

FarmerRon72
RSS

maple flats

logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

leeroyjd

Were your blade guides loose and backed away from blade before you made tracking adjustment?

Thank You Sponsors!