iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2022

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2021, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

38° and if you like it warm, it will be. 80° temps are not normal in May.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Things are swinging here too. low 70's yesterday with the sun burning my neck as I milled. Today it was 62° by 7:30 shooting for high 70's today. Radar is clear for a few days yet. Time to play "catch up". The wind seems to be dying a bit as the days go by too.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ljohnsaw

Had very spotty showers (no thunder :() Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Highs in the upper 60's, low 70's.  Was 75° yesterday and supposed to be 92° Saturday - Monday.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

wisconsitom

Ask me about hybrid larch!

thecfarm

Set a record the news said for high temps, 85°.
We will return to May weather on Tuesday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

82F and dry as a covered bridge. :D

I mowed the lawn, first mowing of summer. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wisconsitom

Severe storms in central Oconto Cty.  i.e.  right over my postage stamp.  TV guys say flooding downpours, maybe some hail, lots of lightning.... I'm on my back deck looking north, here in A-Town, at the tops of those thunderheads, 60 miles away.

Warm dry evening here, though humid.

wisconsitom

Getting a little concerned, what I'm going to see when I go up tmrw.  Reports of over five inches of rain, washed out roads, including State HWY 32....if that's true that's crazy.  All appears centered exactly over our area.

Plan was to take up a nice old Simplicity 7116 we're refurbishing.  Something tells me I may encounter other issues more pressing than the grass.

SwampDonkey

60F this morning, not much of a breeze, going to be another dry day. No humidity here at all. Forecast says chance of spotty showers Saturday, so pretty much no rain. The creek is down to summer levels.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

You got me beat by 10°, only 50 here. Kinda odd for May.
Heading for 85 today.  :o

wisconsitom

Our road is closed, flooded out.  The road behind us is likewise flooded out and unpassable.  One of north-south legs is closed for sure, haven't been able yet to determine if traffic is able to use HWY 32.

Remains to be seen if our location can be reached.  Heavy storms can fire up again later today.

wisconsitom

Ground truth is coming in suggesting a general half-foot of rain in the area.

Haven't left home yet-waiting for co-pilot son to get going.  Knowing the lay of the land, creek crossing to west will be impassable, may be able to reach property from east.

Hope I still have a culvert!

goose63

Last night we had a big storm tornado to the south of us high winds to the north of me some places in S.D. had 100+ stright line winds Lgot lucky 2 small trees down but lots of rain
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Well, just put in the AC this morning. smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun

Andries

Quote from: goose63 on May 13, 2022, 10:11:06 AMLast night we had a big storm tornado to the south of us high winds to the north of me some places in S.D. had 100+ stright line winds . . . but lots of rain
We're getting the Northern end of that system. I'm out in NW Ontario with truck and trailer, hauling crushed rock to repair washed out roads. @goose63 The weather guessers are saying for us to expect "flooding rains". Are you hearing the same thing?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

wisconsitom

Lots of trucks of breaker running these roads today.  Had a few waits as crews fixed washouts, but here on my postage stamp we're ok.  Hate to be one of these super gungho farmers around here though;. All that nice seed and fertilizer they've been racing to get in is down in the creek now, along with half their topsoil.

I can't imagine any of these swamps drying out any time soon....if at all this summer.  Full to the brim and then some.

Again, sure glad I'm into forests and trees, not corn and butterfat😏.  All my land is still where it's supposed to be.

goose63

Yes some of the smaller rivers were over the banks yesterday now its all sun shine and that DanG wind
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

92F here this afternoon, but a dry heat, low humidity.

thecfarm

I have 60° this morning.
Warm for May at this time.

SwampDonkey

66F here this morning, I see dark clouds moving down from the north. The heat wave will be ending soon. ;D

woodroe

Two days in a row hitting 90*here.
Asparagus and Rhubarb seemed to like it. Me not so much.  

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

A cool day and no sun all day. A light rain all day. I worked outside in it. And I hate getting wet from rain. I almost gave up once, it started to rain harder, than it stopped. Did not amount to nothing. Except for the fire danger. I was digging a trench and the water never went into the ground. No idea the high temp, 61° now.  

thecfarm

54°and overcast until noon. Then it will warm up into the mid 70's.
Heats on.

SwampDonkey

6/10" rain here last evening and into the night, overnight and morning was more of a mist. Suppose to be showers most every day this week except maybe Wednesday. It rained hard here before dark because water came down through the woods and over the road deposited some pretty big chunks of wood on the road. 1/2 mile down the road.

Old Greenhorn

we got some pretty good T-storms come through yesterday afternoon. Got some real gulley washers today. Came down at a rate of 1.5"/hr at one point. SO far we have just 3/4" for the day, but it came down in some heavy doses. I just heard the warning beacon go off for another one. I have gone from buttoned up tight to having doors and winders opened for fresh sweet air more times than I can count  today. Even go trapped out in the shop for a while it was raining so hard. ;D
 Tis the season!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!