iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What killed the chicken coop?

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 10, 2011, 11:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I have... had ... a nice hunting blind I called the chicken coop. I found it laying on it's side and thought high winds did it, but no....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Sbyq_uQrI

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LOGDOG

What? How in the heck? What's the rest of the story?

paul case

that onery rock did it. i always knew those things couldnt be trusted!
was there 2, 10 year old boys pushing it off the top?  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Carpenter

Ouch!   Must be tough to be a chicken coop in the way of a big boulder.  I don't think any chicken coop alive could have withstood that.  I bet she went down fighting.

Norm

pigman

It could have been worse. You could have been in the chicken coop when the boulder went through.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

Yep, good thing no one was in the Coop.  ;)

Roxie

Are you kidding me?   :o  Look at the size of that rock!! 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Here is the rock that knocked my poor ol coop off it's platform. We had a lot of rain this spring and it gets pretty steep back behind the blind. I guess it loosened it up just enough. That rock was making 10' hops just before it hit!

Jeff

Wow!  Thank goodness you weren't out chicken hunting that day.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weekend_Sawyer

Chicken huntin season isn't in yet here in WV :D

Jeff

Yea, So what.  :D   Get ya an Infrared Grill and you'll be shooting em outta season all the time. ;D

That dont happen to be a pudding stone does it? ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

metalspinner

If only you used 2x4 bracing instead of 1x4's we might not be having this conversation. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Mooseherder

The stairs looked rickety anyways and needed redone. ;D

SwampDonkey

I thought you didn't have rocks down there below the glacial ice line?

Mass wasting at it's finest work eh? :D

Thank goodness you weren't out there for sure. What are the chances though, 1 little shack out in the middle of the woods? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Sounds like a very colluvial incident.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Swamp Donkey, if that were my little stand out there, the chances would be pushing 110% it would be in the way  :D.  Sorry to hear the coop "flew the coop" but now you can build a bigger one  ;).

Weekend_Sawyer

WDH,  I guess you could say a big load of colluvium just arrived!

Weekend_Sawyer

Jeff I beleive its limestone, very porous, we find alot of clamshell looking fossils on the side of this hill, the hill is basically pure rock with some soil sprinkled over it. Lots of sink holes too. My property line is a sink hole you could drop a small house in!

Jon

Ron Scott

Wow! What are the odds of that happening? Be thankful that it didn't happen during the hunting season when you might have been in it.
~Ron

WDH

Remind me not to wander around in the dark on your property  :).

gunman63

just  think, half of the  world on each side, and mother nature bowls a strike!

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Randy88

Nice rock, now just out of curiosity what are you going to do with the rock?   Look at the bright side now you can make the changes you always wanted to make for improvements to the chicken coop.

At least nobody got hurt, anything can be repaired or replaced but when injuries occur is when things really get bad, I know its not easy to take but it could always be worse or thats how I look at things like this anyhow, it seems to help some knowing that. 

Thank You Sponsors!