iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 10, 2021, 12:35:56 AM
She identifies as a danglehead now 😆. About a week, couple bushing and a pin. Change the chain and 4 rollers on the Propac next week, want to play expect to pay.
Glad you got her fixed up. Looked good when I rolled out in the afternoon. Glad I could help with the blocking, hoped that worked out OK. Seems like you got a good wrench man there. The landing is shaping up well but I am still curious to see how you cut around all those cars, trucks, implements, trailers, and other stuff.  :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

Quote from: Plankton on June 09, 2021, 09:32:52 PM
Barge Annie is a much better dispatcher then whoever is up to Hancock they can't there stuff together straight chaos hahah.

We just finished job we're on 380k ft and at least 25 loads firewood with 4700 ft of slash wall built in 17 days. Straight up hammering didn't want to drive that far that long.
Is that the Cornell slashwall idea.  That's a good bit of production!  Interesting trucking situation going on, that's quite a bit of trucking, are they self loaders or is someone manning a loader?  
Liking Walnut

Plankton

We trucked hw sawlogs center mount and regular log trailer and 3axle flatbed trailers for the pine. I was loading the trailers with the forwarder. We have 2 forwarders so wood was always moving once they were done cutting.

Yes cornell slash wall deal the guy who started it out there was on our job 2 days ago. Pretty interesting project it does look nice with all the slash picked up.

nativewolf

Gotcha, much pine?  Does that go to Canada or ?  Are you guys seeing this crazy HW pricing too?  

Liking Walnut

PoginyHill

Finished trimming up spruce and fir from winter blowdown and a little from road building. Headed to the yard this week. Only 3-4 mbf this year. Better than last year's 20+ mbf.

Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Plankton

Quote from: nativewolf on June 10, 2021, 07:00:15 AM
Gotcha, much pine?  Does that go to Canada or ?  Are you guys seeing this crazy HW pricing too?  
Around 180k pine I think. All went to maine. Hardwood is climbing around here but we cut this job for a hw mill so straight through per mbf.

mike_belben

Ill be interested to hear your take on the head swap barge.  What you gain and what ability is lost if any.. Daily avg output etc. 
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Quote from: mike_belben on June 10, 2021, 11:37:23 AM
Ill be interested to hear your take on the head swap barge.  What you gain and what ability is lost if any.. Daily avg output etc.
Or a better question will be how many bars does he go through the first week.

barbender

He's been cutting with a bar saw felling head for a long time, he'll be fine😊
Too many irons in the fire

Skeans1

Quote from: barbender on June 10, 2021, 07:48:17 PM
It's different going from a fixed head to a dangle if got a pile of bars to prove that.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Skeans1 on June 10, 2021, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: barbender on June 10, 2021, 07:48:17 PM
It's different going from a fixed head to a dangle if got a pile of bars to prove that.
You may be right, but having watched Barge work I doubt there isn't anything he can't make work for him. He may spend a few bucks in parts along the way, but that boy has got it all going on. ;D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

BargeMonkey

Im fixing that head, broke another pin, replace pin and bushing on the link, roughly a week. 🤷‍♂️. I have been talking to my salesman from Milton Cat, I may buy some CTL iron who knows, this job pays for that Hood 24k if i want it, log check on Tuesday pays my 648G3 off, still planning on buying those 2x dozers and a 120C/ D this year. Im buying a bar and carwash... first week of Sept... log for a write off here soon.  

I got 40 trees today 🤷‍♂️ its wet, 2-3 isn't bad, try and get 5 its not fun. 

just getting down into the decent wood, roughly 2 triaxle loads out by the end of today. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

treemuncher

My customer wanted to save some of the good logs on this job. He was able to save a number of oaks, pecan, black walnuts and cherry trees.  I forgot how much I did not miss running my 385xp or wearing chaps in mid 80's weather with 90%+ humidity. Saving some of the trees and ensuring no problems with utility lines made saw work necessary. But, I did find a big, automated, cheese cooler on the other side of the road after everything was cleared out.

I should have taken more before pics from this other vantage point next to the fence. It was a pretty thick job. This job had the highest number of pecan trees that I've ever processed and those things never go down without a real fight. There is also a ditch running down the length of this little project. I left everything ready for seeding.

TreeMuncher.com  Where only the chosen remain standing

thecfarm

Would not even know that building was there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teakwood

congratulations treemuncher, you are doing excellent work, outstanding!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Old Greenhorn

Geez Barge, I turn my head for a couple of days and your are filling up the landing! :D I'll see you in a couple of days.

mudfarmer

Mill pile getting critically low, need 12ft 6x10 for one thing and  5ft 4x4s or preferably 4x6s for another but don't want to cut 10fters in half... There is the perfect tree in the piggy bank for just such occasion! The top even reached the existing branch pile  ;D one 12ft one 8ft three 5ft and a couple corkscrew "bench logs"

Just a light rain to keep bugs and heat off, back to sawing. Stay safe out there

BargeMonkey

Im hammering out the very best while my delimbers on that other job, wood prices drop im not losing sleep.

Theres alot of nice young oak im working around, come in here with the buncher and this will be swept clean. Its not getting "highgraded", no its getting CUT 😆. The pulpwood, the firewood, if one of the cable skidder parasites got in here it would be a cut and run, make a pile of 8' wood along the road for Finch. This is going to be CLEAN when im done, stump the trails, grade everything, 90% of the brush in 1 pile, the next person to own this will be someone from NYC who wants a hunting piece and willing to spend $$$$ to get it. 

Theres 8-10 more down here like that, over 4'.

That machine is a razorblade, just narrow enough to fit without smashing.

firewood guy from the next town over stopped at the machinist today, texted asking me if I was broke down 😆.

Plankton

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 11, 2021, 10:13:49 PM
Im hammering out the very best while my delimbers on that other job, wood prices drop im not losing sleep.
Theres alot of nice young oak im working around, come in here with the buncher and this will be swept clean. Its not getting "highgraded", no its getting CUT 😆. The pulpwood, the firewood, if one of the cable skidder parasites got in here it would be a cut and run, make a pile of 8' wood along the road for Finch. This is going to be CLEAN when im done, stump the trails, grade everything, 90% of the brush in 1 pile, the next person to own this will be someone from NYC who wants a hunting piece and willing to spend $$$$ to get it.
Sorry missed this post yesterday. Barge, I think I detect a coded message in your post :D ;D ;D. If there was, I got it. If there wasn't I am just overtired.  :D :D
Yeah, I have seen some very nice stuff where I am working, I have to make time to wander over to where you are. Wish I could get the Mule in there. ;D I can't wait to see how this ground turns out.  I am also most curious to see how you get all that iron out of the woods. I came across one the other day with fresh orange flagging on it. Can't wait to see how that comes out. I found a few nice trees, but there was a 50 something Bellaire right in the fall line and I couldn't bring myself to drop a tree, even a small one on it. :D
 Hope to see you in a couple of days as soon as I can get these logs to the Maritime museum.

BargeMonkey

I think your just over tired Tom 😆. 

another 40 or so today, he gets 2-3 and i put another 6 down 😆 

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: BargeMonkey on June 13, 2021, 01:38:34 AM
I think your just over tired Tom 😆.
Yeah, no doubt. :D
 With all the jobs you have done over the past several years I have been watching, I am still surprised at how flat this place is. I mean if I can drive my Mule through it, you could do anything in there. Trails drying up now?

ehp

Welcome to my World Barge, I find this heat kills me with cutting 7 days a week . Nice oak and stuff like that adds up fast 

BargeMonkey

I pulled the loader in Thursday, today i scaled 4 triaxle loads 🤷‍♂️.

I averaged .90, I shipped it right down to 3s and 4s, if it could go it went. RO is 400 0CF right now 🤷‍♂️.
Was like a kid at Christmas today, chain and parts showed up for the Propac, got a hat, Tshirt and BRX sticker.

I told them I want the BEST bar I could buy, these bars are RUGGED.

So.... the Firewood King posted his iron for sale, I will go buy his Timbco just to prove a point. 😆. Ive got 6 jobs within 1 mile of his house / farm, I hope he likes the sound of a circle saw 🤷‍♂️ Cant cut wood fast enough, lost 6hrs dealing with the store today and in the stroker till I run out of steam. Im not even bringing wood home, just stack wood and get it when i need it.

yrs ago when I bought my first delimber my father flipped his lid, NO WAY will we own a stroker, now its fine, 😆 move off this job, do a clearing job then go smash that hemlock, then to the 900acres of mow down firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!