Sponsors:

How long have you been a Forestry Forum member?

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2009, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Position:     Forester
Date Registered:    September 10, 2000, 01:45:43 PM
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

Guess dat makes you an old fart here then  eh eh    ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Yup, but I noticed that a few of us have the same sign on day and time.  I think Jeff saved up on us to make a bigger splash.

I think I was one of the first five or ten, but I am old, and can hardly remember yesterday.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

I got sucked in over 5 years ago, that Jeff and Tom where pulling on both arms real good. I fought and lost. :D

I was searching for such a forum on forestry for a long time, finally found my place.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ksu_chainsaw

I signed up Feb '03 after lurking for a few months. 
It seems that I have less time now to do the forestry related stuff, but still enjoy being in the timber and always am finding good info on here about a wide range of subjects.

Charles

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Dave Shepard on September 28, 2009, 05:33:29 PM
You can all blame Jim Rogers for three long years of putting up with my sillyness. :D I was a lurker before that for a bit.

Oh sure blame me............
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

LAZERDAN

Almost 4 years (lots of lurking)  convert from another forum.  This ride has been a wealth of knowledge and entertainment.   Ya'll are the best (respectful and knowledgeable)  keep it up.                   Lazerdan

Paschale

January 8, 2002

..and have hardly had time to be on the Forum since spring, which hopefully will change--my sanity needs it!

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

isawlogs

Nice to see you did not fotget about us ...  ;D :)  Hope to read about why you have been so busy this spring/summer /fall    :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paschale

Quote from: isawlogs on October 01, 2009, 12:34:27 PM
Nice to see you did not fotget about us ...  ;D :)  Hope to read about why you have been so busy this spring/summer /fall    :)

Man, it's been a busy summer!  I was gone for about six weeks, traveling all over the place, which was fantastic, but the rest of the time, I was one of the lead negotiators for our contract talks with our Management.  That was a full time job!  I was looking at around a 25% cut...we fought tooth and nail to get it to a little less than 15%, which isn't bad in this economy.  That just wrapped up about a week ago, thankfully!  It'll be nice to get back to a fairly normal life again...but we'll probably be doing it all again in another year. 

The best thing I did this summer was take a class in learning how to build a brick oven...far more fun than doing contract talks!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

beenthere

Good to have you back.
Hopefully we will get a good detailed update on the brick oven soon.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

A brick oven , cool , when is the built schedualed for ???

Marcel

ladylake

You don't have can't remember listed.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Roxie

Steve, you've been here since May 2003.  That's over six years.  It's in your profile.  :)
Say when

Haytrader

December 11, 2001
It's been so long I don't even think lurk was a word yet.   

;D
Haytrader

ibseeker

I joined right after we bought our 20 acres and I realized I didn't know much about a forest. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate all the members great advice, info and knowledge. I would have made far more mistakes than I have if not for the FF members.

My next goal is to attend a pig roast!
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

Don_Papenburg

Nov. '04   Imerc mentioned this place over on Breaktime  so I took a look.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Chuck White

May 23, 2008, 12:45:35 PM

I registered before I could even begin to lurk!

The guys at Hannibal, NY Wood-Mizer tipped me off to the Forestry Forum.

Registered shortly after I bought my mill!

I've really learned a lot from you other members and I hope I have been able to help at least one of you!

You're a great bunch!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawman

Date Registered:  October 26, 2003, 05:26:47 AM

Just a few days shy of 6 yr.  Did not have time to lurk,  I read a lot more than I post.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

beenthere

Quote from: Paschale on October 04, 2009, 11:20:55 PM
Quote from: isawlogs on October 01, 2009, 12:34:27 PM

Man, it's been a busy summer!  ..............  It'll be nice to get back to a fairly normal life again...but we'll probably be doing it all again in another year. 

The best thing I did this summer was take a class in learning how to build a brick oven...far more fun than doing contract talks!

Haven't heard about that brick oven. How is it going?  And how is your "fairly normal life" ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

footer

November 29, 2004, 05:18:55 PM. I think I lurked around a year or so before joining :-)

SupFellers

I never really lurked so much as popped in from time to time. Hubs talks so fondly of all of you it made me want to be more active on here :) 

I like that it's a wholesome group and so full of wisdom. Never too old to learn new things!
Thank you Lord, for Your blessings on me.

sawguy21

Welcome aboard! This is a good place to hang out if you don't mind the good natured ribbing. ;D I just looked at my profile, I've been here almost 18 years!  Wow, time does fly!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm