iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jeopardy

Started by Raider Bill, April 24, 2019, 12:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

After falling down the rabbit hole from Jeff link I found this:

During her second game, Boettcher bet all she had on a Daily Double clue, prompting Trebek to say, "Influenced by James, are we?" (Holzhauer made money at such a rapid pace partly because of his large bets.)

Fans noticed Boettcher's quizzical reaction.

Boettcher said in an email on Thursday that she reacted that way because, at that moment, she had seen Holzhauer play only one game — the one he lost to her — and in that game he made relatively modest bets.

Boettcher said she knew to bet high from her years watching the show — not from watching Holzhauer in particular.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

The rematch  is tonight. Much watch T.V.

Old Greenhorn

The third player in that game is a local fella for us who won last night. My money is on him.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

celliott

I figured they would find some way to bring James back on the show. He's a moneymaker for them. 

After seeing him play, most other games just aren't as interesting. I find myself saying "bet more!" On a daily double. Or really noticing when they go top down in every category, and sometimes leave high $$$ questions on the board. Hesitating on the next questions.

It should be a great show for sure, will be interesting to see how the three stack up.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Jeff

Cedarman

I thought the questions were too easy,   for them, not for me.
Impressive.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on January 07, 2020, 05:54:25 PM
Starts tonight!
Jeopardy starts at 7 here.  It came on and was a continuation of Friday's game.  We were like, what's up with this?  Don't have a TV Guide so we figured our local station was messing with us.  Turns out the special edition runs from 8 to 9 (here).  So caught it last night.  Pretty entertaining!  The banter between them is funny - Ken doing an "all in" checking if it was copywrited with James :D  And then saying "It works!"
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Yes, the banter and humor between the contestants is great. I'm rooting for James but I hope it goes 7 matches!

Raider Bill

Jennings for the win!

Normal Jeopardy is on CBS here but GOAT is on ABC.
Anyone know why?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

It's becoming obvious why Ken is the all time "number of games" winner.  He seems more up on trivia.  James knows his stuff but is more of a strategist .  He seems to be a step behind. 

The big game changers were the Daily Doubles.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Storm came through and the TV lost signal before the Final Jeopardy.  

So how did it end?  

OK, I caught it on FOX, Ken Jennings won.  Really no great surprise because he as a master at answering questions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

And I won $100!!!! Jennings in 4

Was watching a special about it. He didn't really spend much time learning answers but spent the time learning when to push the button by listening to Alex Trebecks voice as he read the question.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

One more correct answer from James and we would have had something decent to watch tonight!  Most entertaining.

Cedarman

James was one "Iago" from a win.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!