iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trespasser?

Started by Magicman, May 31, 2010, 04:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

I purple painted mine a couple years ago. Good law but not many know about it.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ljohnsaw

Who/what department do you ask to find out if purple paint is a viable option in your locale?  I'd rather not place dozens of signs (whatever the required minimum spacing is) around my 10 acres.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

btulloh

I would try your animal control/game warden. I forget what they're called in CA. You could also look up state trespass laws. 
HM126

stavebuyer

Yesterdays flooding finally subsided and the ground was frozen this morning so I went back to check my cameras and sure enough had more pictures of the same guy and his buddy. The new pictures matched up with my neighbors photo's. ID off Facebook for the second guy. Almost a half mile west of the 40 they have permission to hunt. Got them coming and going. I took pictures of the fences/signs/cables across the road that they crossed during daylight. I am sure they will  probably get off with just a warning but the inevitable "I didn't know where the line was" story is going to look pretty lame come court day.  :snowball:

btulloh

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 18, 2019, 12:55:15 PM
Who/what department do you ask to find out if purple paint is a viable option in your locale?  I'd rather not place dozens of signs (whatever the required minimum spacing is) around my 10 acres.
Here's something: 
Ca proprty lines
HM126

Raider Bill

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 18, 2019, 12:55:15 PM
Who/what department do you ask to find out if purple paint is a viable option in your locale?  I'd rather not place dozens of signs (whatever the required minimum spacing is) around my 10 acres.

I don't think Cal. is a purple paint law state.

I googled purple paint law and came up with several results.
It sure makes marking your boundaries simple. I also bought some purple paint law signs. I'll get a picture.

Google

Ljohnsaw

OK, thanks all.  Looks like I need signs (of any size), not less than 3 per mile and at all access points.  With my property, I would probably need to place between 6 and 10 signs.  I have an old trail crossing the lower portion of my property that I would need to mark both ends and up at the top where my driveway comes in.  I would probably mark the corners as well (5 of them).  My property is pretty steep and rugged so likely only hunters and ATVers.  I'm just looking for liability coverage.
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Raider Bill

SwampDonkey

Here, red paint or round disk means keep off. Yellow paint or disk means must obtain permission and blue paint or disk is for active farm and no public access. And you have to see from one to the other, not just one mark here and nothing else, kind of thing.

Here walking across land and doing no mischief is not trespass unless clearly marked as above. We have a lot of public land here, 50%, and Industrial Freehold (mill ground) 20 % and most people wouldn't know. Some do play the dumb dumb game though.  And our public land is always marked in red and accessible to anyone. So some places strange to anyone, they would not know if they was on public or private land.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Okefenokee_D

Are these too hardcore to hang around your property?

Corley5

Google "trespassing paint bomb" ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Okefenokee_D on December 18, 2019, 06:36:29 PMAre these too hardcore to hang around your property?

No.  I'd want them in metal, tho, so they would last.
John Sawicky

easymoney

i live in an area that is a lot of woods land owned by large companies that harvest the trees when appropriate. they lease the land to hunting clubs that let their members hunt deer when it is deer season. game wardens patrol the lands for them and will ticket anyone found to be trespassing. a lot of local fellows roll grapevines and muskadine vines into wreaths to sell to dealers for resale to craft shops and flower shops. also some dig ginseng and other roots for sale. those boys know how to evade the game wardens and  get by but sometimes one gets caught with his hand on a vine cutting it then he has to pay the fine. a friend of mine said a game warden slipped up on him and tapped him on the shoulder. he said i liked to have jumped out of my skin. it cost him $300.00 him and his uncle have been rolling vines for years making their living that way. 

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: easymoney on December 18, 2019, 10:13:50 PM
i live in an area that is a lot of woods land owned by large companies that harvest the trees when appropriate. they lease the land to hunting clubs that let their members hunt deer when it is deer season. game wardens patrol the lands for them and will ticket anyone found to be trespassing. a lot of local fellows roll grapevines and muskadine vines into wreaths to sell to dealers for resale to craft shops and flower shops. also some dig ginseng and other roots for sale. those boys know how to evade the game wardens and  get by but sometimes one gets caught with his hand on a vine cutting it then he has to pay the fine. a friend of mine said a game warden slipped up on him and tapped him on the shoulder. he said i liked to have jumped out of my skin. it cost him $300.00 him and his uncle have been rolling vines for years making their living that way.
You must live down here in the Southeast with the muscadine vines used for wreaths. Lots of Mexican guys do that a lot here 

SwampDonkey

You can tip fir here on public lands for wreaths as long as you have a permit. There is nothing much to get one. Not allowed to take anything else like running club moss and so on. I've never seen a permit to do so on their site. Only other permit is harvesting firewood. I don't think we need a permit to harvest mushrooms or wild berries for personal use.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

I have had some issues with ginseng diggers before.
In the beginning I had big problems with meth cookers but we got that under control.

K-Guy

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 19, 2019, 07:57:53 AMIn the beginning I had big problems with meth cookers but we got that under control.

I'm sick and tired of the problems caused by that @#$% and the government doesn't deter it with the revolving door prison policies. I think they should start hanging dealers of that "Stuff"!!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Ed_K

I've never heard of the purple paint thing but I like the idea. I've been told signage has to be every 100 ft on posts all around, but most people most being nubies  >:( nail the signs up on trees  :(. I don't mind hunters crossing my land but my house is situated that they can't shoot because of the 500 ft from dwelling laws. I've also helped people find and remove their kills. Trouble with Ma. is there isn't much open space left and more an more nubie are posting. They can't stand hunting coyotes but won't listen when we tell of them coyotes helping cows with calving isn't pretty. Or the sheep farmer up the road that loses 10% of the the young each yr. Not to mention a depleted deer herd. nuff ranting sorry.
Ed K

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: K-Guy on December 19, 2019, 08:59:50 AM
Quote from: Raider Bill on December 19, 2019, 07:57:53 AMIn the beginning I had big problems with meth cookers but we got that under control.

I'm sick and tired of the problems caused by that @#$% and the government doesn't deter it with the revolving door prison policies. I think they should start hanging dealers of that "Stuff"!!!
Well, when it comes to the love of money...that is what happens. It is ridiculous.
I pray people can get rehab, but many don't want help. Those should be put down like a rabid dog, God forgive me. Not only does the person kill themselves with it....they are slowly killing the people who love them.

gspren

I just found out that the purple paint law takes effect in PA at the end of January 2020. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!