iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo cst 610 evl?

Started by teddy, October 18, 2009, 02:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddy

Are these saws of any use?
I have 2. One runs and one is a complete for parts.
The one ran great for about a year! then like always, started having problems with the carb! Runs then dies out after 30-45secs!
Matt
Half tempted to put them on ebay and cut my losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GASoline71

You could prolly get 50 bucks for them...

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

jacob j.

Sounds like you need to rebuild the fuel system. I'd be interested in them if you decide to get rid of them...

yellowrosefarm

Quote from: teddy on October 18, 2009, 02:49:25 PM
Are these saws of any use?
I have 2. One runs and one is a complete for parts.
The one ran great for about a year! then like always, started having problems with the carb! Runs then dies out after 30-45secs!
Matt
Half tempted to put them on ebay and cut my losses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're running gas with Ethanol and leaving it in the saw, that's probably caused the fuel line and/or the carb diaphragm to jellify. I had that happen for the first time about a month ago on an Echo 500VL and a Homelite XL925. Gas had been in there 3 months. It also ruined the rubber seal on the gas caps. The bad thing is, there is only one station here still selling pure gas, but at least for now, I can buy it there.

LorenB

Matt,
I agree with yellowrosefarm; I think it's the gas. 

When I bought my Husky, the dealer warned me to use good gas.  He sold aviation gasoline for his customers.  I've been using it in my saws and other small engines for a while now. 

Avgas does contain lead, so it may not be okay for everything, and definitely not for a vehicle with a catalytic converter, but it doesn't go bad like auto gas.  I don't know if it will clean out a carburetor that has already clogged up, but it will prevent future problems.  A side benefit is that it smells good.  Unless you are as old as I am, you don't know what gas used to smell like.  Avgas smells like that.  (You also won't know what a nice ring silver coins make in your hand, but that's another story.) 

If you can get the fuel system cleaned out, keep it clean with good gas.  You can get Avgas at SMALL airports.  The fuelers at larger airports won't sell you any, but the guys at smaller airports are usually more understanding if you tell them it's for your chainsaws. 

Good luck.

Loren
Loren
Baker 3667D portable sawmill, Cook's edger, Logrite arches & peaveys.  Husky 272XP chainsaw & two Echos.

Thank You Sponsors!