iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 620P

Started by Knute, September 01, 2023, 08:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

My 620p starts ok when cold. After cutting for awhile, it will start good if within a minute or two after shutting it off. If it sits for 5 or ten minutes, it will not start unless I wait another half hour. Don't really know where to start on this problem. Maybe coil or electronic ignition?

lxskllr

I'm not well suited to this stuff, but it feels like a heat/fuel issue to me. When it gives you problems, try opening the tank to see what's going on. Close it back up, and see if it starts. Perhaps too much pressure; tank vent?

Wlmedley

I bought a small Echo climbing saw a few years ago.Can't remember the model number.Only Echo I have ever owned.Had the same problem.Saw had a five year warranty but dealer I bought it from got flooded and went  out of business.Called another dealer and explained situation and they said they would check it out.They found coil bad and replaced it.No more problems.It was sure aggravating and I thought about slinging it over the hill several times.Glad I didn't because it has turned out to be a pretty good saw.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Hilltop366

After a minute or two it is warm enough to start without choke and after 5 or 10 it will not start without choke but too warm to start with choke.... a bit of a no mans land in between.

I bet if it sits a bit longer it would start with choke.

Try pulling it over once with choke and then turn off choke and pull again.

DHansen

What is your hot restart procedure?

Knute

I have tried it both with and without choke when hot. 
Thank You for the replies!

DHansen

Have you tried high idle can and no choke?

DHansen

ladylake

Pull the choke out to set the high idle then back in so it doesn't flood or if you can  pull it over while holding the throttle wide open.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Knute

I will give it a try this week. Thanks.

Old Greenhorn

I have 2 saws that sometimes (not often) get into that sweet spot where they are not hot and not cold and take more than 2 pulls and won't start. Setting the high idle (but not the choke) has been the solution every time. I hope it works for you too.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!