iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576 XP top end parts

Started by madmari, November 18, 2011, 07:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmari

I need to rebuild my 576XP- scored piston bad while ripping big pine pulp. Think the crank seal failed, leaning the cylinder.
  Question is this- I'd like to relace the piston and jug with NWP big bore parts from Bailey's, but can't find a listing for the 576XP. Is the piston/jug the same as the 372XP?

They do list Husky OEM parts, but the cost is 3x as much. Any suggestions?
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

trooperTdiesel

ive found a used carbe 576xp not running for cheep, and ive been hunting for top ends and even though its been a long time sence the last post 2/11 i cant find any thing other then OE still... ??? $219.00
http://www.hlsproparts.com/OEM-Husqvarna-576XP-cylinder-and-piston-assembly-p/575257404.htm

comparing photos of the 371-72 to the 576 it dont look like there interchangeable at all...mabe the late 372 thats a strato type, but thats just a gess

the 576 is 74cc stock best i can find, so if there was a BB kit that would be something like 3 or 4 more cc?s that seems to be the norm...
many Garrett 15s
have a 128 5'x10'x30' MD mill.
as well as worked at Mobile MFG CO in troutdale, OR for the last 1.5 years before doors closed.
you say David Wallace to Ron H, he will know me....lol
2 JD 440 loaders, B7100 tractor, 3 350 J\D dozers 
and many fords and isuzus

celliott

madmari, I would contact Scott at the chainsawr in Stannard VT, he might have a used OEM top end for that saw. He has good prices on used OEM stuff.
Doesn't show one on the website, but he sometimes has stuff not listed. Worth asking.

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

thecfarm

madmari has not been active since May of 2012.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

celliott

:D  oops....
Saw the latest post and replied.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

JohnG28

Quote from: thecfarm on December 03, 2013, 09:17:30 PM
madmari has not been active since May of 2012.

I saw that too. Hope he got the parts! :o ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

trooperTdiesel

i thought since we where looking for the exact same thing, id revive it.

OE is it so for.

is there a thred some where with top end inter change on this site or else where?
many Garrett 15s
as well as worked at Mobile MFG CO in troutdale, OR for the last 1.5 years before doors closed.

Spike60

Not sure why this is the case, but OEM 576 top ends are pretty cheap.

I sell them for $150. So, I wouldn't think that an aftermarket kit would be much of an alternative.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

trooperTdiesel

thats better then the on line prices of 250 ish

ive been searching a lot on it and there set too lean from OE and burn up..

yea need to knock the stops off the carb a-justers so you can set it a little richer then they want for passing EPA
many Garrett 15s

angelo c

Quote from: Spike60 on December 07, 2013, 08:50:30 AM

I sell them for $150. So, I wouldn't think that an aftermarket kit would be much of an alternative.

Bob, i can use a set for a 576xp,
Is the ph # in your sig the best way to contact you ?
Angelo
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

webgal

Here's an OEM option for the 576XP: http://www.baileysonline.com/Parts/Parts-Kits-Sets/Pistons-Cylinder-Ring-Kits/Husqvarna/HUSQVARNA-CYLINDER-ASSM-51MM-576.axd

Interesting to note on this, it does share the same piston bearing as the Husky 372. At times that is the first hurdle to cross when wondering if "this fits that". Our in house mechanic thinks that the bolt pattern would be the hold up though.

Sorry, at Bailey's we don't have an aftermarket for that newer model saw. Most times bad things happen when you lend a saw and your neighbor runs straight gas through it. Since you were ripping, you need to keep that drive bearing greased and take it easy on the old girl. If you rip carefully, the chain would pull you through the cut and an even pace.
Gotta know when to fell em, know when to tell em, know when to walk away, know when to run....

Spike60

Quote from: angelo c on December 08, 2013, 12:28:03 PM
Quote from: Spike60 on December 07, 2013, 08:50:30 AM

Bob, i can use a set for a 576xp,
Is the ph # in your sig the best way to contact you ?
Angelo

Sure, give me a call anytime.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Thank You Sponsors!