iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cowboy bar stools

Started by tule peak timber, February 25, 2020, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

I've always been enamored of the seats at The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole Wyoming so I thought I'd try something like them. I bought a couple of old saddles , along with a lot of other old sweaty tack gear at an antique store in Montana last month and had the whole mess shipped.I dried a couple of English walnut stumps as bases  so here we go....The other tack gear will go into wall art soon.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

69bronco

Old Greenhorn

OK, I turned my notifications on for this one.  popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Roxie

Say when

blackfoot griz

Calvary bar stools!  Are there any identification stamp or plate on the Mccllelan saddles?  Reputed to be easier on the horse but tougher on the rider.

Weekend_Sawyer

Well I am certanly watching with interest!
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Nebraska

popcorn_smiley looks like your rounding up a whole herd on this one partner...... ;)

Crusarius

Banjo picker

Quote from: blackfoot griz on February 26, 2020, 09:31:52 AM
Calvary bar stools!  Are there any identification stamp or plate on the Mccllelan saddles?  Reputed to be easier on the horse but tougher on the rider.
Had a buddy give me a McCllelan years ago to ride.  I gave it back to him...horse didn't say if it liked it or not, but I sure didn't.
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been to the cowboy bar in Jackson Hole.
It's an interesting place with lots of artifacts inside.
Jon

tule peak timber

More pics ,,,just down the trail..... ;D

Nebraska

Well then giddyup pardner..... ;D :D :D :D,   low hanging fruit couldn't resist it....

tule peak timber

This last weekend I blasted through Wyoming while the guys worked on the new pole barn for air drying , made headway on another big table top, and Tony came up with some very cool horse shoe rests for the stools. The stool should be done this week :) Good to be home!

Weekend_Sawyer

Abominable Snowman sighting!

reride82

Those stools are cool! I'll remember that for my next house 8)

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

tule peak timber

And the Redwood table top ready to go today. Very high gloss, sorry for the glare.Cut down from 20 feet to 17 feet and a little under 4 feet wide, quilted redwood.Also the finished barstools.

Magicman

Those bar stools almost look like they need to be fed!!  :o   Magnificent!!!

The table ain't bad either.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Looks great . What kind of finish on the table and do U have any photos of the legs? bg

WLC

While I really like the barstools, that redwood table top is WOW!!!!!! smiley_clapping
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Nebraska

The barstools turned out well, with my luck those horses underneath the saddles would buck if you left them tied to the bar too long.  :D

tule peak timber

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on March 25, 2020, 09:52:31 PM
Looks great . What kind of finish on the table and do U have any photos of the legs? bg
Bill, the finish is UltraClear table top epoxy over AeroMarine 300/21 epoxy. Normally we use a 2-K spray poly ( Awlcraft or Awlgrip )over the epoxy but we did not have time on this job as the shop is jammed up.The customer is providing his own legs ???. We are just bidding a sculpted trestle table this morning that will build out in a few months and I will get a chance to design a bit and play around. A pic of the redwood log as it was delivered a few years back.  Cheers  Rob

Bill Gaiche

Thanks for the reply. A masterful job doesn't come easy or cheap. Always look forward to seeing your projects, they are awesome. bg

tule peak timber

Bill, stay safe and come through on the other side stronger.

low_48

The song from MASH comes to mind, "I like to go swimming with bow legged women...." 

Thank You Sponsors!