iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 026 carb adjustment

Started by BOB K., November 28, 2023, 11:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOB K.

I put a brand new Walbro WT-22 carb on my Stihl 026. Need to set up the mixture screws. If I turn them all the way in how many turns out should they be? I try to start it and it runs but dies. All new hoses. Think it just needs to be adjusted.  Thanks 

bitternut

I have a 1997 026 and my book says the low (L) and high (H) should each be set at one turn out from seated position.  Max rpm should be 14,000 rpm. If no tach is used the low and high screws should not exceed the initial setting of 1 turn.

I am not a chain saw expert mechanic. The information I am giving is from the book from Stihl that came with the Stihl saw that I purchased in 1997. It still runs like a top.. :)

sawguy21

Set both screws at 1 1/8 for starting, once warmed up set the idle speed just below clutch engagement. Now set the LO to just where the saw idles cleanly and doesn't stumble when accelerated.
Now to the high speed. Gradually lean out the mix to where the saw just starts to hunt or 'four cycle' no load. You don't want it to scream. This is assuming the high speed is adjustable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BOB K.

Thank you, I will try it out in a day or so.

Thank You Sponsors!